Samsung’s latest wearable devices – Watch 5 and Watch 5 Pro – are finally receiving the most anticipated feature of the new Camera Controller with pinch-to-zoom capabilities. Galaxy Watch 5 series today received the latest January 2022 security patch update. It features much more than just the security patch. Here are all the details.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 and Watch 5 devices are receiving new OTA updates with January 2023 security patch bump and firmware build number R900XXU1AWA3.
As per the changelog, the AWA3 build features the following:
- New Camera Controller feature added
- Change zoom on your phone camera remotely through pinching in or out on the screen, or through rotating the bezel.
- This feature is only supported on flagship models released after Samsung Galaxy S20 or Z Flip running at least One UI 5.1.
- Samsung Members
- A new “Connected device diagnostics” option has been added to check the proper performance of the Galaxy Watch’s battery status, touch screen function, etc. on the connected phone.
- Please update Samsung Members and Galaxy Wearable app to the latest versions for using the ‘Connected device diagnostics’ feature.
- Stability and reliability
- The stability has been improved.
In the latest Samsung blogpost, the firm announced several new features coming to wearable devices. This includes 360 Audio Recording for the Galaxy Buds 2 and a new update to the Camera Controller app coming to the Galaxy Watch 5 and Watch 4 series devices with some stunning new features.
Samsung’s Camera Controller app enables users to control their phone camera right from their wrist. As per the new update, Camera Controller app further expands the camera features with Galaxy smartphones and Watches. It brings zoom capability to the Galaxy Watch 4 and 5 series.
Users can remotely control their phone’s camera zoom with a simple pinch of the watch face or a turn of the rotating bezel. This is perfect for taking group selfies or group shots from a distance.
In addition to this, Google Pixel Watch Update patch notes featuring January 2023 security updates are now available for Wear OS devices. This will come to the Galaxy Watch 5 and Watch 4 as well. So stay tuned!
How to update your Samsung Galaxy Watch?
The latest firmware for Samsung smartwatches is Wear OS 3.5 based on Android 11. The Galaxy Watch 4 and Watch 5 devices run on Samsung’s custom One UI Watch 4.5 firmware.
Here is how to download the latest update on Galaxy Watch 4 and Watch 5. OTA can be downloaded in regions including China, Europe, India, and the United States.
- Make sure you have connected to a WiFi network on your Galaxy Watch.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and select “Software Update.”
- Download OTA updates manually.
You can also download OTA updates for Galaxy Watch by visiting the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone.
Join our Telegram Channel for more updates.
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.