Updated Wednesday, January 18, 2023 (UTC): New Nothing OS 1.5.1 HotFix OTA update is rolling out weighing 25 MB in size with the same changelog with some critical bug fixes. One crucial bug it fixed is related to the incorrect reporting of the amount of RAM available in real-time. Here, download Nothing OS 1.5.1 HotFix update zip based Open Beta 2 for your Phone 1.
Original: Last month, Nothing Tech released the most anticipated Android 13 firmware update for the Nothing Phone 1 via Nothing OS 1.5 Open Beta update. After almost a month, here is the latest Nothing OS 1.5.1 beta 2 with several new features, stability improvements, and bug fixes.
The open beta 2 for Nothing Phone 1 features content such as brand-new glyph ringtones and unique notification sound packs. It also features a new collection of minimalist wallpapers in the customization menu on the home screen. Long press in a blank space on the homescreen to change wallpapers.
You can now also customize the Lockscreen shortcuts and choose to display the camera, torch, device controls, and wallet.
The firm made animations smoother. Fixed the display auto brightness bug. Improved Camera app UI and animations. Improved battery life. Increased system stability and bug fixes.
The Nothing X app has now been baked into the system. Most importantly, Google Pay should now works even on beta.
Nothing OS 1.5 Beta Supports Google Pay
Apps like Google Pay and Netflix should work seamlessly even on the Nothing OS 1.5.1 open beta as well. Upon asking, CEO Carl Pei assured that Google Pay will be functioning in the next release.
Also, downgrading to Android 12 is only possible by flashing the full firmware via ADB commands. This means a factory reset is the only way. So backup!
Here is what you should know before you download Nothing OS 15:
- This is Beta software. It isn’t final and could be unstable in parts.
- You might not be able to use Netflix and Google Pay.
- Downgrading to Android 12 requires using ADB commands to flash the device with a computer, and may result in data loss.
- If you’re not comfortable with this, please don’t proceed with the Android 13 upgrade.
Nothing OS 1.5.1 Beta Full Changelog
The second Android 13 beta for Nothing Phone features the following improvements and features.
- A brand new handcrafted glyph ringtone and notification soundpack of a slightly different style!
- A new collection of minimalist wallpapers are now available in the customization menu on the homescreen.
- Lockscreen shortcut customizations! Choose to display shortcuts for camera, torch, device controls, and wallet.
- Easily switch between data usage when using dual SIM with the improved network Quick Settings panel.
- Smoother animation when transitioning the display between on and off (regardless if Always on Display status).
- Improved the display auto-brightness algorithm.
- The full Nothing X app will now be available in Nothing OS.
- The pop-up view has been brought back with some interaction improvements.
- Improved Camera app UI and animations. Improved battery life.
- Increased system stability and bug fixes
First Nothing OS 1.5 Beta 1 full changelog:
- Up to 50% increase in app loading speed.
- More Material You. More colour schemes available for matching third party apps to wallpaper.
- Multi-language support that allows different languages for different apps.
- Privacy upgrades. Including:
- Photo picker. Choose which images you want to share with each app.
- Notification permissions. Control which apps can send you notifications.
- Media permissions. Group the types of media you want to share e.g., photos and videos, music and audio, files.
- New QR code scanner in Quick Settings.
- Clipboard preview: copied text appears on clipboard in the bottom corner of the screen. So you can directly edit the text before pasting.
- New look for Media Control.
- Foreground services. Close active background apps directly from the notification centre to save battery.
- Live caption: detects speech on your device and automatically generates captions.
- Increased background memory. Reducing the wait for frequently used apps to load.
- New self-repair feature that keeps Phone (1) running like it’s new. By clearing unused cache and expired system dumps.
- Improved Quick Settings. Featuring new network and Bluetooth device pop-ups.
- New UI for volume control. Easily adjust individual volume sliders without unlocking the screen (e.g. music vs alarm).
- Improved Game Mode. New UI for light notifications and added Google Game Dashboard. Dashboard supports screenshots, screen recording, FPS display, and Do Not Disturb.
Full Nothing OS 1.5.1 feature presentation:
Download Nothing OS 1.5.1 Beta (Android 13)
Here are the OTA update zips for the latest Nothing OS 1.5.1 Open Beta (Android 13) available for download directly from the manufacturer’s servers.
Note: From the second Beta [Nothing OS 1.5.1] EEA & Global firmware are now unified! This is great news as you only need a single file.
Nothing OS 1.1.5 original
- NOTHING OS 1.5.1 (Android 13)
- Spacewar Global Beta 2 from beta 1
- Spacewar EEA Beta 2 from beta 1
Nothing OS 1.1.5 HotFix
- Nothing OS 1.5.1 hotfix | OTA Download (incremental over 1.5.1)
Note: For EEA, flash NOS 1.1.8 before beta 1.
- NOTHING OS 1.8.8 EEA (Android 12)
- NOTHING OS 1.5 (Android 13)
How to Install Android 13 OTA Update zip for Nothing Phone 1?
You can Nothing Phone by installing Nothing OS OTA update zips manually via ADB sideload method or recovery method. See the tutorial on How to install OTA updates on any Android device?
Install OTA using Local Upgrade method
- Create a folder named “ota” (without the quotes) at the root of the internal storage. Meaning outside every folder.
- Copy the OTA update ZIP file from above to that folder.
- Open the phone app and Dial
- This should launch an offline update tool.
- The tool will scan for an OTA file from internal storage and install it.
- If that fails, you can manually browse for the OTA package.
- After selecting the OTA file, the wizard will apply the update.
- Reboot the device and you are on the latest firmware.
Note: If the dialer doesn’t work in your region,
You can also use the Activity Launcher app or QuickShortcutMaker to locate and execute the “OfflineOTAUpgrade” tool.
The package name you should be looking for is
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.