Since launch, the Nothing Phone 1 has received a bunch of OTA updates, some major and some minor. The previous Nothing OS 1.1.4 was the biggest update so far. So much so that they released it twice; the latter being a hotfix update. Today, the firm released yet another QOL update featuring significant improvements to the fluidity of the system and launcher. Here, download Nothing OS 1.1.6 OTA for Global and European variants.
Right before today’s update, Nothing also pushed a very important OTA to the Indian variants of Phone 1 enabling 5G for all the Indian variants. It came with build Nothing OS 1.1.5. However, that was India-exclusive.
Today’s OTA update comes with build number Nothing OS 1.1.6 for all Nothing Phone 1 variants including European and Global.
The latest update features Google AR Core support. You can now use AR features on your Android devices. It also enables 5G for Reliance Jio in India.
As for the camera, the OTA brings improvements to video recording. Videos are now sharper with improved stability. The recording light indicator is now always-on by default.
Major improvements come to the system with an optimized and more fluid Launcher update. The battery stats have been optimized for accuracy.
Increased maximum brightness when displaying HDR content. Lastly, some quality-of-life Glyph interface upgrades. Find the complete changelog below.
The Nothing OS 1.1.6 is still a small OTA update weighing 60 MB in size.
The previous Nothing OS 1.1.4 OTA was the biggest software update for Nothing Phone 1 so far.
It brought huge camera improvements, added 3 new features, latest security patch level, several system improvements, and tons of bug fixes.
Nothing OS 1.1.6 Features and Full Changelog
- New features
- Now supports Google AR Core.
- Indian users covered by Reliance Jio can now access 5G.
- Sharper videos with improved stability.
- Recording light indicator is now always-on by default.
- Optimised, more fluid Launcher experience.
- More accurate battery status.
- Increased maximum brightness when displaying HDR content.
- Updated, more reactive Flip to Glyph animation.
- Glyph charging light now synced to sound effect.
- Updated NFC sound effect.
- General bug fixes.
Download Nothing OS 1.1.6 for Nothing Phone 1
Here you can download the latest Nothing OS 1.1.6 full-stock firmware zips and OTA updates captured directly from the Nothing Phone 1.
The phone is quite new and not many hold it right now. Also, the OTA download links are not yet available publicly. Stay tuned for the same.
Before you download, Nothing offers two distinct regional variants of Nothing OS.
- “EEA” version is intended for European countries as it meets the requirements of the European Privacy Directive and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The “Global Version” is intended for Asian and Australian devices.
- Nothing Phone EEA
- Nothing Phone Global/India
- Installation: How to install OTA updates on any Android device?
Nothing Tech will soon start the Android 13 beta. Stay tuned as we will be the first to make the OTA downloads available here.
How to Install Nothing Phone 1 OTA Update?
You can Nothing Phone by installing Nothing OS OTA update zips manually via ADB sideload method or recovery method. See the tutorial on How to install OTA updates on any Android device?
Install OTA using Local Upgrade method
- Create a folder named “ota” (without the quotes) at the root of the internal storage. Meaning outside every folder.
- Copy the OTA update ZIP file from above to that folder.
- Open the phone app and Dial
- This should launch an offline update tool.
- The tool will scan for an OTA file from internal storage and install it.
- If that fails, you can manually browse for the OTA package.
- After selecting the OTA file, the wizard will apply the update.
- Reboot the device and you are on the latest firmware.
Note: If the dialer doesn’t work in your region,
The package name you should be looking for is