Following the Google IO 2022 developer conference event, wherein the firm released the first Android beta program to the public, many third-party smartphone makers stepped in and rolled out their own Android 13 skin. Select smartphones from Asus, OnePlus, OPPO, Realme, Sharp, TCL, Tecno, Vivo, Xiaomi, ZTE, and more can now participate in the Android 13 beta program from various OEMs.
However, Samsung is always late to the game. As their One UI firmware is quite feature-heavy and has tons of apps, it takes a lot of effort to migrate to a new operating system such as the latest Android 13-based One UI 5.0.
We assured you in our previous post that the One UI 5.0 beta program may go live on or before the upcoming Samsung Unpacked event set for August 10, 2022, at 9 a.m. ET. Many stock Samsung apps including the popular Good Lock plugins are being updated in support of Android 13.
Today, Samsung released the One UI 5.0 beta program for the flagships Galaxy S22, S22 Plus, and S22 Ultra.
Here, we will show you how to download and install the latest One UI 5.0 firmware update on your Galaxy S22 device.
List of Samsung Galaxy devices to receive One UI 5.0 update
- Galaxy S22, S22+, S22 Ultra
- Galaxy S21, S21+, and S21 Ultra
- Galaxy S20, S20+, and S21 Ultra
- Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra
- Galaxy Z Fold 3, Galaxy Z Flip 3
- Galaxy Z Fold 2 and Galaxy Z Flip 5G
- Galaxy Tab S8, S8+, S8 Ultra
- Galaxy Tab S7, S7+
#1. One UI 5 Beta Sign Up For Samsung Galaxy Device
In order to register for the One UI 5.0 beta program, the Samsung members app is a must. You will get a notice about the One UI beta program inside the Samsung Members app. Of course, this goes without saying, Galaxy S22 device is a must.
- Download the latest Samsung members app update from Play Store. Or download a standalone APK.
- Launch the app.
- Head over to the notice section and you should see a new One UI Beta Program link.
- Once you enroll into the beta program, head over to settings > system updates > download OTA updates.
Alternatively, you can directly go to the download links below and skip the Samsung Members part!
#2. Download One UI 5.0 Beta OTA Update Zips
While the easiest way to get One UI 5.0 beta program is via Samsung Members app, there are more ways to get the OneUI 5 OTA update unofficially.
Like every year, we will be listing the OneUI OTA download links here alongside the direct enrollment links for your Galaxy devices here. Once you click the enrollment link, it should immediately get you into the beta program.
Thanks to the Samsung community for capturing the OTA update zips.
Exynos Galaxy S22/S22+/S22 Ultra OTA update zip files
- S22 (SM-G901B)
1. Beta (AVG6->ZVH4) Link
- S22+ (SM-G903B)
1. Beta [Not available yet]
- S22U (SM-G908B)
1. Beta (AVG6->ZVH4) Link
Snapdragon Galaxy S22/S22+/S22 Ultra OTA update zip files
- S22 (SM-G901E)
- Beta [Not available yet]
- S22+ (SM-G906E)
- Beta [Not available yet]
Note: Rename [file].bin to [file].zip and paste it into the adb folder. Then install using this tutorial via ADB. Installation: How to install OTA updates on any Android device?
How to install One UI 5 OTA update zip onto Samsung Galaxy S22 series?
Note: Rename [file].bin to [file].zip and paste it into the adb folder. Then install using this tutorial via ADB.
#1. ADB Method Installation: How to install OTA updates on any Android device?
#2. SD-card method:
- Download the bin file and rename it to update.zip (by going to file options on your pc you can select to view the file extensions. This makes the renaming process much easier and safer, and avoids renaming the file to update.zip)
- Copy it to the root directory of your SDcard. Meaning, outside every folder.
- Power off your phone.
- Take a USB cable and connect it to any USB device like you PC, even AKG earphones could work.
- Then press Power+volume up buttons to get into recovery mode.
- Using your volume keys navigate to “update via sdcard” and press power button to select it.
- Again using volume keys navigate to the file “update.zip” and press power button to select it.
- Update will start.
- Complete installation will take some time.
- Phone will reboot by itself.
#3. Locally with Alliance Shield (no PC needed):
- Download the needed firmware and the Alliance Shield X app (PlayStore).
- Open the Alliance Shield X App and complete setup (Account creation and Knox permissions)
- Rename the downloaded Firmware-File to “Update.zip” (without Quotes) and move it to the root storage directory (/storage/emulated/0)
- Open the “App Manager” inside the Alliance Shield.
- Search for “Software Update” and select the option with the purple/white Icon.
- Go to the activities and search for “com.idm.fotaagent.enabler.ui.admin.main.AdminMainActivity”
- Select the Option and open it
- Press on sideload and select the Update-File
- Wait for the installation to complete…
#3. Force download One UI 5 beta on a US carrier Samsung Galaxy variants
This is for the carrier-locked Galaxy devices that want to get the One UI 5 beta OTA download notification. T-Mobile just released the One UI 5 update.
- Removed Sim
- Open dialer
- *#272 *imei#
- Select vzw (or tmb)
- Install “sales&network code change”
- Phone restarts and the latest Android 13 update will be downloaded and installed.
- After restart android 13 will be automatically downloaded.
- Put Sim back