Earlier last month, OnePlus publicly announced the Android 11 for the popular OnePlus 6 and 6T devices via OxygenOS 11 based Open Beta program in the upcoming months. While there was no ETA, the time has finally come. The OEM just released Android 11 for OnePlus 6 series with the first Oxygen OS 11 based Open Beta 1.
The first Open Beta for OnePlus 6 and 6T features all the Android 11 goodies. On top of that you get Oxygen OS 11 skin and the latest OnePlus apps; especially the updated OnePlus camera app with new user interface. Some of the new features that come with Android 11 include the most anticipated Game Space, now replacing the Fnatic mode. Updated camera app with a new convenient UI.
For the first time, Ambient Display makes its way to the OnePlus 6 and 6T. You can access it from Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display. Enhanced Dark Mode and revamped OnePlus Shelf can also be found. Checkout the complete changelog from below.
So download and install Android 11 for OnePlus 6 and 6T based on OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 1.
Features and Changelog for Android 11 for OnePlus 6 and 6T
- Updated to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Since this is a big Android update with multiple new features, the upgrade process might be a little longer, please be more patient.
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up, and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp, and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mistouch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer a more convenient operation
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Dark Mode
- Added a shortcut for Dark Mode, you can pull down the Quick Settings panel and find it
- Supported automatically enable by time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range)
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
As you can see, the first OxygenOS 11 Open Beta program for OnePlus 6 and 6T will begin in August 2021. The beta program may go on for a couple of months before releasing a stable build. So stay tuned for the first Android 11 Open Beta download links here.
Download OnePlus 6 and 6T Android 11 Open Beta 1
Following, we have listed the first Android 11 Open Beta 1 update full ROM zips for the OnePlus 6 and 6T. Install it using Local Upgrade method.
How to Install Android 11 for OnePlus 6 and 6T?
- Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package from the specified server.
- Copy the Rollback package to the phone storage.
- Go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
- Update successful.