Earlier this month, we reported about the unofficial One UI 3.1 ROM port for Samsung Galaxy Note 9. It came with the latest Noble ROM based on Note 10’s Android 11 firmware update. The developer Alexis successfully ported Galaxy S10 and Note 10 Lite’s One UI 3.1 software (ROM) for the popular Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus Exynos variants today. Here, download and install NOBLE ROM 1.3 for S9 series with Android 11 ROM port.
The Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus will never see another Android OS upgrade as it nears end of life support soon. While the devices may continue receiving Android security patches from Samsung for another year, Android 10 based on One UI 2 is the final update. The manufacturer will soon drop monthly OTA update to quarterly.
Courtesy of the developer Alexis and the developer community, who are actively testing new custom ROMS, the Galaxy S9 lives to see another day. Here is the latest One UI 3.1 ROM port based on Android 11 for the S9 and S9 Plus with the FUBD firmware build from Galaxy S10 featuring latest March 2021 security patch level.
As for the features, the NOBLE ROM 1.3 for Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus is based on official OneUI 3.1 firmware from Galaxy S10 (FUBD) build and a mix of N10 Lite (EUB3) build along with March 2021 Security patch level. You get all the OneUI 3.1 features including the latest apps like Samsung Camera, Gallery, and much more. Coupled with Good Lock 2021, and you are all set for Android 11.
Features of One UI 3.1 based Noble ROM for S9 and S9 Plus
Noble ROM 1.3 update log
- Updated base to N10+ with May Security Patches (FUE3)
- Added OneUI 2.5 Camera (All is working except Front Live Focus)
- Improved AROMA Installer, now you are able to FLASH THIS ROM just installing the zip provided
- Fixed AOD showing charging info (DON’T UPDATE AOD APP OR YOU WILL LOOSE THE FIX)
- Fixed Sound Alive issues
- Fixed Edge Lighting corners
- Fixed SafetyNet vy default
- Fixed Wireless DEX
- Fixed Smart View
- Fixed Wear Apps and Modules not well installed
- Fixed “Hi Bixby”
- Added AROMA Option to REMAP Bixby Button
- Added AROMA Option to choose if you want bootanimation or NO
- Added AROMA Option to choose if you want to install Kernel Manager App
- Improved Sound Quality and Microphone Quality
- Updated Game Launcher
- Updated patched Good Lock
- Updated Vanced Manager
- Updated Magisk to latest Canary version
- Improved KERNEL stability and performance
- Added MOROSOUND MOD in kernel
- Miscellaneous improvements and improved general stability…
Previous Noble ROM 1.1 changelog:
- SM-G96xF/FD supported.
- Based on official OneUI 3.1 S10 (FUBD) mixed with N10 Lite (EUB3) with March Security Patches.
- All OneUI 3.1 functions have been ported, nothing is from OneUI 2.5.
- Odexed, Hardly Debloated and added some tweaks for best performance and better battery.
- Added some tweaks in order to have the best smoothness and general performance!
- Make your ROM! OUR aroma allows you to select everything you want to have on your phone in order to improve the user
- Disabled RMM Lock.
- Google Pay working (Hide it with Magisk)
- Secure Folder working
- S21 Wallpapers
- ALT Z Life stuffs ported from A51/A71
- Useful Cards section enabled in Messages Apps
- Improved zoom quality in gallery
- Useful cards tab enabled in messages
- Night mode zoom on camera.
- Night mode on hyperlapse.
- Enabled Dolby on Game.
- Power key in notification panel.
- Samsung App Lock.
- iOS 14 Emoji’s selectable in aroma.
However, do note that there are some issues with the ROM. For one, as this is a custom ROM, you will need a rooted Note 9 device with custom TWRP recovery installed. This may trip Knox counter and some security features may not work.
The ROM currently works of Exynos variants of Galaxy S9 (SM-G96xF/FD). Check the downloads and source for more details.
- Removed Live Focus and PRO Video because they were force closing
- Home Button pressure is not fully supported since S10/N10
- Obviously IRISES got removed since they got removed since S10/N10
- Photo Editor could FC at first start, just UPDATE IT through GALAXY STORE
Download Android 11 for Galaxy S9 and S9+ with One UI 3.1 Noble ROM Port
This is the all in one package with an AROMA installer. Once you flash the ZIP via TWRP, it should launch an AROMA installer and get you options and features you want to install.
Latest Noble ROM 1.3
- Download NOBLE ROM 1.3 OneUI 3.1 FULL PORT | AndroidFileHost
- Latest downloads repository | Telegram Source
Previous Noble ROM 1.1:
- Download OneUI 3.1 for Galaxy S9/S9+ FULL PORT | Download NOBLE ROM 1.1
- CAMERA FIX ONLY FOR G960F/FD/N USERS: Download
- KERNEL FIX ONLY FOR G960F/FD/N USERS: Download
Support the developer by joining their support group:
- Telegram Support Group
- Latest Magisk stable v22 (post link)
How to Install NOBLE ROM onto Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+?
- Make sure you have latest official TWRP installed (download TWRP for S9 and TWRP for S9+. Use old TWRP 3.3.1.x instead of 126.96.36.199.
- Enable OEM Unlocking and set it to ON in developer settings.
- Ensure that your Galaxy S9/S9+ phone is fully charged
- Download the Android 11 ROM from above
- Transfer the file to your phone’s storage or SD card
- Reboot your into TWRP recovery mode
- Take a complete Nandroid backup from TWRP
- Do a FULL wipe and delete partitions like – Dalvik Cache, Cache, Data, System.
- From TWRP, tap on Install and Flash the ROM
- It will open Aroma Installer
- Follow AROMA instruction (FOR STARTERS: select NO DEBLOAT option)
- Select your device and options you want.
- Wait for the installation to finish
- Reboot to system (first boot can take up to 15-20 min)
- You can uncheck diagnostic data in setting wizard.
If you are using TWRP 5.5.x.x then you may see a NO OS installed error after the ROM is installed. In order to fix this, flash the ROM again.
- If you try to reboot you will see ‘NO OS INSTALLED’ warning
- 8. Go back WITHOUT REBOOTING and FLASH THE ROM AGAIN
- 9. Then REBOOT and enjoy NOBLE ROM!
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.