Table of Contents Hide
Finally, the long wait is over as the OnePlus 7T series is now receiving stable Android 11 build starting today for the Chinese variants. OnePlus already released stable Android 11 build for the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro last week with the first Hydrogen OS 11 update. It’s time to expand the update to the 7th generation OnePlus T-series smartphones.
Stable Android 11 just rolled out for the OnePlus 7T Pro a swell. The update was first spotted on the Chinese OnePlus forums posted by one of the staff members. The update is based on H2OS 11. It features latest March 2021 security patch level and all the new features found in Oxygen OS 11. As the Chinese variants get it, the global release is near with the Oxygen OS 11 releasing later this month.
The update brings all the Android 11 and OxygenOS 11 goodies such as a brand new user interface, updated OnePlus apps, Always-on display (AOD), enhanced dark mode, etc. AOD is one of the most requested features on OnePlus forums, so it’s good to see that they have fulfilled their user’s request.
Moreover, if you aren’t comfortable with the Hydrogen OS 11 firmware, you can try the final Open Beta 3 for OnePlus 7 and 7T series. It also comes with always-on ambient display feature.
According to the comment left by an OnePlus staff member, the Android 11 update based on Oxygen OS 11 is scheduled to roll out this month for the entire OnePlus 7 series.
What’s new in the new Android 11 Update for OnePlus 7T (Pro)?
Below is the complete changelog of the Android 11 update for the OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro.
- Update to the new hydrogen OS 11 system, which is based on Android 11.
- Renew UI visual design which optimizes details and bring more comfortable visual perception
- Optimize the stability of some tripartite applications to improve the user experience
- The new version of the camera UI interface optimizes some functional paths and makes the operation more suitable.
- The addition of the HEVC high-efficiency video storage format decreases video storage capacity while maintaining lossless image quality.
- A preview of the shooting interface has been added to allow long-press one-key sharing, which gives you direct access to the applications you want to share.
- New addition: Press the camera button to start fast recording and support sliding this button to quickly zoom and lock during shooting, easy to record without restriction.
- For time-lapse photography, a replay period monitor has been added, allowing you to intuitively understand the actual material duration.
Information screen display
- Added a custom style for the “Time” screen display, which is designed with students of Parsons School of Design and changes continuously according to the data of the mobile phone use time (setting path: Settings-Personalization-Clock style).
- Added the function of drawing shadow, which can automatically draw your lock screen photo into a dedicated wireframe (Path: Settings-Personalization-Wallpaper-Drawing Shadow-select photo preview, it can be quickly generated, and the screen will always be on Update support in future versions )
- Add shortcut for dark mode, Scroll down the shortcut setting to turn it on.
- The dark mode supports the setting of automatic opening and time period (setting path: setting-display-dark mode-automatic opening-according to sunset and sunrise/custom time opening).
Negative one screen
- New negative one-screen interface design.
- Added new weather widget, animation effect is even smarter now.
- Intelligent one-week review function, which can be very helpful it automatically generates videos according to the material situation to keep good memories.
- Optimize the loading speed of the gallery app, and the image preview is faster than before“
How To Update?
Currently, this update is only available for China user’s. So you just have to wait a little longer for the Oxygen OS 11. You can also download the full stock firmware zip for OnePlus 7T Pro’s H2OS firmware, but it will require you to sign up for the OnePlusBBS website and leave a reply for download link.
Moreover, here is a list of devices that are Officially confirmed to get the Android 11 Update:
- OnePlus 8
- OnePlus 8 Pro
- OnePlus 7
- OnePlus 7 Pro
- OnePlus 7T
- OnePlus 6
- OnePlus 6T
- OnePlus Nord
- OnePlus Nord N10 5G – NEW
- OnePlus Nord N100 – NEW
- OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition
- OnePlus 7 Pro 5G
- OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition
Right now, the system is gradually pushing the update. After receiving the push, the new version can be downloaded and installed on the phone manually.