OnePlus just recently launched its 2020 T-Series smartphone called the OnePlus 8T. The 8T launched with the latest Oxygen OS 11 firmware update out of the box. Oxygen OS 11, if you don’ already know, is based on Android 11 with all the latest features from Google and OnePlus combined. Today, the OnePlus 8T flagship is receiving its first OTA update with firmware version Oxygen OS 184.108.40.206.
The latest Oxygen OS 220.127.116.11 OTA update for OnePlus 8T features several system, camera, and network optimizations. For one, it optimized the device power consumption in order to reduce the overheating of the device and performance. The update also added mistouch or ghost touch prevention feature while gaming, thus improving the gaming experience.
Most importantly, the company finally addressed the issue where the Play Store could not install apps on the phone. As for the camera, Oxygen OS 18.104.22.168 optimized the imaging effect and improved camera stability. It also optimized mobile network connection to improve the network intensity with the signal. The complete changelog is listed below.
Oxygen OS 22.214.171.124 features and changelog:
- Improved system power consumption performance to reduce heating
- Improved mis-touch prevention to offer a better gaming experience
- Optimized fluidity with some mainstream games to reduce lagging risks
- Optimized user experience with Alert Slider by adding toast messages when switching among the 3 modes
- Fixed the issue that the status bar kept hovering on the screen in landscape mode
- Fixed the issue that Play Store could not install the app
- Optimized the imaging effect to bring you with better shooting experience
- Improved camera stability
- Optimized mobile network connection to improve the network intensity with signal
- Fixed the small probability issue with network interruption while playing games
Oxygen OS 126.96.36.199 is rolling out for all the variants including Indian, Global (US), and EU. The build number remains the same as follows:
- IN: 188.8.131.52.KB05DA
- EU: 184.108.40.206.KB05BA
- NA: 220.127.116.11.KB05AA
Note: If your device is on the stable channel, you can install the new OTA from settings > system updates.
Here you will find the latest Oxygen OS 18.104.22.168 OTA update zips for OnePlus 8T. The OTA download links come directly from the manufacturer’s servers and weigh ~3 GB in size.
- OnePlus 8T IN: 22.214.171.124.KB05DA | Full OTA | Incremental OTA from OxygenOS 126.96.36.199
- OnePlus 8T EU: 188.8.131.52.KB05BA (coming soon…)
- OnePlus 8T NA: 184.108.40.206.KB05AA (coming soon…)
Notes and installation instructions
The installation should be the same as any other OnePlus upgrade via Local Upgrade method. This tutorial should help and also know various OnePlus 8 series variants!
- Download Oxygen OS 11 ROM package zip
- Transfer the ROM to the phone storage
- Go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart