Table of Contents Hide
Xiaomi’s popular Redmi Note 8 Pro received stable Android 10 OTA update earlier this year. However, that was based on MIUI 11. Xiaomi introduced MIUI 12 firmware update to the world earlier this year. The update has been seeding for a number of Redmi, Mi, and Poco Android devices. Redmi Note 8 Pro is one of the luckiest devices to have received MIUI 12 stable ROM this early. Download and install MIUI 12 global stable ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro.
Xiaomi just rolled out MIUI 12 ROM for many devices including the Poco F1, Redmi K20 Pro, POCO F2, etc. Here is the stunning MIUI 220.127.116.11 OTA update for the Redmi Note 8 Pro based on Android 10. The device may also receive Android 11 in the future. However, it may take long before the device actually gets it. The latest OTA for the Note 8 Pro features new firmware build number MIUI 18.104.22.168.QGGMIXM. As you can see in the build number, the first alphabet Q in build represents Android 10.
The update features all the Android 10 goodies including enhanced location permissions, advanced privacy tools, live caption, smart reply, sound amplifier, gesture navigation from Google Pixel, dark mode, focus mode, family link, latest security updates, and more. It also comes with Xiaomi’s exclusive MIUI 12 features listed here.
Download latest MIUI 22.214.171.124 update for Redmi Note 8 Pro
Here we have listed the latest MIUI 12 global stable recovery ROM or the full OTA update zip for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro based on Android 10. The OTA update comes in a large package of 1.94 GB in size. If you haven’t received the OTA update yet, then below you will find the full OTA update zip. Using this zip file you can manually update your Note 8 Pro to MIUI 12.
If you are on the previous update for Note 8 Pro, you can also check for OTA update by – going to settings > About Phone > System Update > Check for OTA update manually > download OTA.
Downloads: Redmi Note 8 Pro India Stable V126.96.36.199
- OTA Apply for V188.8.131.52 to V184.108.40.206.QGGMIXM begonia_global
- Recovery ROM MIUI 220.127.116.11.QGGMIXM BEGONIAGlobal
- Stable Fastboot | begonia_global_images_V18.104.22.168.QGGMIXM
How to update Redmi Note 8 Pro to MIUI 12 firmware update?
- Make sure your device is on the latest stable ROM.
- Download the MIUI 12 OTA update zip from above.
- Transfer it to phone storage in the root directory. Meaning, not in any folder. If that doesn’t work, place the file in the folder ‘download_rom’.
- Launch the updater app on your Redmi Note 8 Pro device. Or go to settings > about phone > system updates.
- Click on three dots on the top right corner and choose the ROM package.
- Select the Android OTA zip you have downloaded. It will decrypt and update your Redmi device.
Note: Don’t stop the update once started. If stopped, you will need to do the operation again right from downloading the firmware file again. This will not erase any data in your phone.