Earlier this month, Google released the first Android 11 public beta for their Pixel series phones. The AOSP source is publicly available for developers and OEM manufacturers to start beta testing Android 11 for their smartphones. Following the Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro, Xiaomi just released Android 11 for the Poco F2 Pro global variant, or commonly known as Redmi K30 Pro in Europe as the EU variant. OnePlus also the jumped on the bandwagon releasing the same for the OnePlus 8 series just few days ago. Here is Android 11 from Xiaomi.
Users of Xiaomi Poco F2/K30 Pro devices can rejoice as the first Android 11 Beta firmware build is now available for download. However, note that all of the ROMS available right now are based on AOSP so you will get vanilla or stock Android experience. In order to get MIUI 12 from Xiaomi and Oxygen OS 11 from OnePlus, you will need to wait. Also note that this is the first iteration of Android 11 beta, so teh ROM for Poco F2 Pro could be a little buggy and only for testing purposes. Following we have the Fastboot image of the ROM, so it will factory reset your device. It features all Android 11 goodies and latest June 2020 security patch level.
Moreover, Poco F2 Pro or K30 Pro also got the first MIUI V18.104.22.168.QJKCNXM build based on Android 10; and not Android 11. The full OTA weighs around 3.02 GB is size. So if you are inclined, you can also test MIUI 12 for Poco F2 Pro.
Downloads Android 11 for Poco F2 Pro or K30 Pro
Here is the first Android 11 beta 1 global ROM based on AOSP for the Poco F2 Pro or K30 Pro. These are fastboot ROMS so they come in
.tgz format and you will need to install it via fastboot mode.
- Download Android 11 Beta 1 for Poco F2 Pro | Fastboot ROM (2.3 GB) | Source Mi Forums
- Redmi K30 Pro / Poco F2 Pro | Huge OTA mirror (1.7 GB) | Source PocoF2 telegram group
How to update Poco F2 Pro or K30 Pro to Android 11 via Fastboot method?
– Make sure you have a backup of your device’s data as it will wipe off the data on your device also Xiaomi hasn’t provided any rollback instructions as of now but we will add it as soon as we hear from Xiaomi.
– You need a phone with an Unlocked Bootloader.
– Download Mi Flash Tool on your Windows computer. The latest version can be found here.
– Once downloaded, extract the Mi Flash Tooland install it.
– Reboot your phone into Download mode. Do this by turning it off completely and then press and hold both the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
– Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
– Download the Fastboot ROM
.tgzfile from the above links and extract it.
– Run Mi Flash Tool and input the location of extracted folder location of the ROM from the address bar.
– Click “Refresh” on the MiFlash tool and the program should automatically recognize your device.
– Click “Run” option to flash the ROM onto your device.
– The progress bar should turn green.
The device can be unstable and can lead to system crashes and can crash a few apps which were previously running so install on your own risk.