Table of Contents
If you don’t already know, OnePlus 5 and 5T devices can readily be updated to latest Android 10 firmware via Open Beta channel. The 5 series phones have received a total of 3 beta update till date and as we correctly guessed, the Open Beta 3 was the last of it. Today, manufacturer released the first stable version of Android 10 for the OnePlus 5 and 5T. The OTA just popped up on a user’s OnePlus 5T devices. So naturally it will come to the regular 5 as well. The OTA update is based on Oxygen OS 10 now available for download on OnePlus 5 and 5T.
Some of the best features that come to OnePlus 5 and 5T with stable Android 10 is the new Game Space feature where you can add all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience. OnePlus’ custom full screen gestures gets and improvement over Google’s implementation of the navigation system. Most importantly, the manufacturer claimed to bring electronic image stabilization (EIS) for the camera in the upcoming updates. So stay tuned!
The new update also brings all the Android 10 goodies like enhanced location permissions, new privacy tools, live caption, smart reply, sound amplifier, gesture navigation, dark mode, privacy controls, location controls, focus mode, family link, and more. Not to forget Oxygen OS 10 stock features like the new user interface, customization features in settings, icon shapes displayed in the Quick Settings menu, Digital Wellbeing, Fnatic mode, Zen mode, built-in screen recorder, screenshot editor, spam call and text filtering, improved NightScape for camera, always on display, and edge notification light.
Changelog: Stable Oxygen OS 10 for OnePlus 5 and 5T (Android 10)
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in the Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- New Game Space feature now add all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages -Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
Full Screen Gestures
- Removed back gesture bottom of the screen
- Added back gesture on left and right side of the phone
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Electronic image stabilization currently under optimization and will be pushed in later stabler versions. Please stay tuned
Download stable Android 10 for OnePlus 5 and 5T (Oxygen OS 10)
Updated: New Android 10 OTA updates are now rolling out for OnePlus 5 and 5T under the same Oxygen OS 10 builds download suggesting a HotFix update.
Here is the first stable Android 10 firmware update for OnePlus 5 and 5T based on Oxygen OS 10. If you are already on the previous stable build based on Android 9 Pie, then go to settings > system update > check for OTA updates. The OTA comes in a large package around 2 GB in size.
Alternatively, if your device is on the stable Oxygen OS 9 or Open Beta channel then you will need to manually install Android 10 onto OnePlus phone via local upgrade method. Here are the full stock firmware (ROM) download files.
- Stable Android 10 for OnePlus 5T | OTA Download (updated direct link June 12, 2020)
- Stable Android 10 for OnePlus 5 | OTA Download (updated direct link June 12, 2020)
Download stable Android 10 for OnePlus 5 and 5T via Hydrogen OS 10
Here is the first stable Android 10 firmware update for OnePlus 5 and 5T based on Hydrogen OS 10. Yes, this is for the Chinese variants. The H2OS 10 is now available for download. Oxygen OS 10 is delayed for some reason. So if you wish you can upgrade your OnePlus 5 and 5T to Android 10 using the following builds. You can also use the Google Installer after flashing the H2OS 10 firmware onto your device. The installation process is the same listed below.
- Stable Android 10 for OnePlus 5T | Download Hydrogen OS 10 for 5T (direct link)
- Stable Android 10 for OnePlus 5 | Download Hydrogen OS 10 for 5 (direct link)
How to update OnePlus 5 and 5T to stable Android 10?
This requires the full stock firmware update zips. It is the easiest way to update any OnePlus device. You can basically switch between Open Beta firmware or Stable channel easily. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any data. However, a backup is very important.
- Download the latest available Oxygen OS full stock firmware zip from above.
- Get the full firmware package from above for the OnePlus device and transfer the ROM file to the internal storage or phone storage. Place the zip file outside every folder.
- Now go to Settings app > visit System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- The Local Upgrade option will search for an upgrade package.
- Once you see an upgrade package, tap over it and then hit the install option.
The device will automatically reboot and perform an upgrade. First boot may take a while.
Thanks to u/SiddheshSP for the image.