A lot of manufacturer have started rolling out stable Android 10 update for their flagship phones. OnePlus is one of those manufacturers with the past two generations of phones already on the latest Android version globally. This includes the OnePlus 7 series like 7/7Pro and 7T/7TPro and the OnePlus 6-series. OnePlus 6 and 6T just received stable Oxygen OS 10.3.1 HotFix earlier this month for the global variants. However, Android software updates in the United States needs to go through specific network carrier testing before it makes it to the consumer devices. Apparently, T-Mobile is finished testing OnePlus 6T’s Android 10 firmware and has released a new OTA update today based on Oxygen OS 10+.
T-Mobile also listed the changes that comes to the OnePlus 6T’s Oxygen OS 10 OTA update. While the changelog is short, it features the most anticipated Android 10 firmware with December 2019 security patch level. Of course, it also features all the new Oxygen OS 10 goodies like the brand new UI from OnePlus, enhanced location permissions for privacy, new customization feature in settings enabling icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings menu, Digital Wellbeing, Fnatic mode, Zen mode, built-in screen recorder, screenshot editor, spam call and text filtering, new NightScape for camera, always on display, and edge notification light.
As for the Android 10 goodies, they include live caption, smart reply, sound amplifier, gesture navigation, dark mode, privacy controls, location controls, focus mode, family link, and more. Not to forget OnePlus’ popular full screen gestures that are arguably better than Google’s stock Android 10 navigation gesture implementation for the Pixel phones. Oxygen OS 10 gesture navigation now features an added inward swipe from the left or right edge of the screen to go back. You will also see an added bottom navigation bar to switch left or right for recent apps.
What’s new with Android 10 for T-Mobile OnePlus 6T based on Oxygen OS 10
According to the changelog listed at T-Mobile’s software update portal, the latest T-Mobile OnePlus 6T update features the following:
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Upgraded Android security patch to December 2019
- “UE-B AGNSS only” mode for UMTS and LTE
- Improved system stability and general bug fixes
Here is a screenshot of the T-Mobile OnePlus 6T OTA update:
For a full update log and Oxygen OS 10 features, checkout the following changes that come to the global variant of the OnePlus 6 and 6T:
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
How to update T-Mobile OnePlus 6T to Oxygen OS 10 firmware update?
The T-Mobile or carrier variants in USA do not come with the full stock firmware as the global variants. So you will get an OTA update.
- Go to Settings app
- System updates
- Download OTA updates
The device will automatically download and prompt to install the update.