Nearly a month ago, OnePlus released their latest flagship phones called the OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro. The two devices featured the manufacturer’s acclaimed Oxygen OS 10 firmware update based on Android 10 out of the box. There haven’t been many updates after that because the firmware is quite stable. So the devices only need monthly security patch level as of now. So here is the latest Oxygen OS 10.0.5 OTA update for the OnePlus 7T available for download.
The latest Oxygen OS 10.0.5 OTA update is simply a security patch bump. So you get the new October 2019 security patch level. It also fixed the double-tap gesture for screen activation bug. Others are system stability improvements and general bug fixes. As you can see this is a small OTA update with just a security patch level. It comes in a small package of 137 MB in size from the previous one.
However, the previous Oxygen OS 10.0.4 for OnePlus 7T featured several system optimizations and camera improvements especially in the front camera photo quality at night or low lighting areas. It also optimized the overall communication performance including network, phone calls, mobile data. Most importantly, OnePlus added free cloud storage service built directly into the the OnePlus Gallery app. The complete changelog is listed below.
What’s new with Oxygen OS 10.0.5 for OnePlus 7T?
- Fixed the double-tap gesture for screen activation
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.10
- Improved system stability and General bug fixes
Previous update log:
- Optimized translation accuracy
- Optimized overall communication (network, phone calls, mobile data) performance
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Added Cloud Service for Gallery (India only)
- Optimized quality of the front camera for better pictures at night
Download Oxygen OS 10.0.5 for OnePlus 7T – Latest OTA updates
Oxygen OS updates are publicly available directly from manufacturer’s servers to the customers so you can also manually update your phones. The update come in two forms – OTA update and full stock firmware zips.
The OTA (over -the-air) updates can be captured from the phone itself:
For OTA updates, simply go to Settings app > System Updates > Check for OTA updates. It will automatically download and install the updates, if available.
Alternatively, you can also grab the full stock firmware zip from below and manually install it using local upgrade method.
Note: The OOS 10.0.5 OTA update just released. So it may take some time for the update to popup on your device. We will update the download link below as soon as it is available. So stay tuned!
Full stock firmware downloads:
- Oxygen OS 10.0.5 for OnePlus 7T | Download OTA update (global direct link)
Note: This is for HD65AA variants
- Packages with build tag HD65AA and letter I in filename is for the variant: HD1901: India
- Packages with build tag HD65AA and letter O in filename is for the variant: HD1905: Global
- Packages with build tag HD65BA is for the variant: HD1903: EU
Wondering how to update OnePlus 7T device to latest Oxygen OS firmware? Simply download the full stock firmware from above and perform a local upgrade using this tutorial.