OnePlus 7T just launched a few days ago and already available for sale in select regions. The OnePlus 7T is the true flaghsip killer as it packs all the latest and greatest hardware and software specifications one could ask for in a smartphone. Although, the price of the devices is not quite what we expected, it is still at a lower side as compared to other flagship phones in the market. OnePlus 7T arguably packs a better camera setup and features as compared to the 7 Pro. This also includes the latest Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855+ processor, Adreno 640 (700 MHz) GPU, default 6GB RAM, and 128 GB UFS 3.0 internal storage. On top of that, the phone packs the latest Oxygen OS 10 firmware. So download latest Oxygen OS 10.0.3 firmware update.
OnePlus 7T also includes the revolutionary 90Hz Fluid Amoled display. Except, this is the flat screen and not the curved screen as found on the OnePlus 7 Pro device. However, the screen is a Full HD (1080p) panel with HDR10+ support. It also comes with a new triple camera system at the rear with a 48 MP rear primary camera, a 12 MP telephoto lens, and a 16 MP ultrawide angle lens. However, the phone does not feature OnePlus 7 Pro’s pop-up selfie camera. Instead, OnePlus 7T comes in the same body as that of the regular OP7 with a front camera is a water-drop notch fitted with a 16 MP wide angle lens.
OnePlus 7T features Android 10 based on Oxygen OS 10 out of the box. Now the device is receiving yet another pre-shipping OTA update with Oxygen OS 10.0.3. This new update features general bug fixes and improvements for the Android system. However, the main highlight of the update is the camera app. It includes many Camera improvements including the photo quality, enhancements to the stability of camera app, and some UI improvements. So download the latest OxygenOS 10.0.3 OTA update from below, if you haven’t already.
What’s new with Oxygen OS 10.0.3 for OnePlus 7T?
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Improved photo quality
- Enhanced stability of Camera
- User experience improvements
This comes on top of the already existing brand new Oxygen OS 10 features like:
- New Gaming Mode called Fnatic mode
- Zen Mode – Phone down feature
- Native screen recorder
- Screenshot editor
- Spam call and text filtering (Only in India)
- New Work-Life balance feature
- NightScape 2.0
- Always on display and edge notification light
- Digital Wellbeing
Here is a video from MKBHD detailing all the features of the OnePlus 7T:
Download Oxygen OS 10.0.3 for OnePlus 7T- Latest OTA updates and full stock firmware
For those of you who are now familiar with Oxygen OS updates, the manufacture makes the latest updates publicly available to the customers so you can also download them to your phone storage and update manually. This is if the OTA (over -the-air) updates does not work or aren’t available in your region.
For OTA updates, simply go to Settings app > System Updates > Check for OTA updates. It will automatically download and install the updates, if available.
Moreover, there are 3 categories to the OnePlus updates – (1) Closed Beta channel (only for internal testing) (2) Open Beta channel (for public testing) (3) OTA updates (for the Stable channel)
You can easily switch between these using the full firmware package or full ROM zips via Local Upgrade method; provided that the firmware version or build number you are trying to install is higher than the already existing firmware build.
Alternatively, you can also grab the OTA update zips and install it using stock recovery method or ADB sideload method listed here. However, this only works in the same channel.
Full stock firmware downloads:
The full stock firmware updates are not yet available. We will update the links as soon as available. So stay tuned.
- Download Oxygen OS 10.0.3 OTA update (direct download link)
Stay tuned for the latest incremental OTA updates and the first Open Beta update!
How to Update OnePlus 7T to latest Oxygen OS firmware?
Method 1: Local Upgrade
This requires the full stock firmware update zips. It is the easiest way to update any OnePlus device. You can basically switch between Open Beta firmware or Stable channel easily. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any data. However, a backup is very important.
- Download the latest available OOS full stock firmware zip from above.
- Get the full firmware package from above for the OnePlus device and transfer the ROM file to the internal storage or phone storage. Place the zip file outside every folder.
- Now go to Settings app > visit System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- The Local Upgrade option will search for an upgrade package.
- Once you see an upgrade package, tap over it and then hit the install option.
The device will automatically reboot and perform an upgrade. First boot may take a while. Read detailed tutorial here: How to to flash H2OS full stock firmware over Oxygen OS.
Method 2: Stock recovery
This requires the incremental OTA update zips. This will only work in the same channel. For instance, if you would like to upgrade to Oxygen OS 9.5.1 from Oxygen Os 9.5.0. You will only need the incremental OTA update and not the full stock firmware. However, for this method, you will need to reboot your device into recovery mode.
- Download the latest OTA update zip file. to phone storage. Keep it in root folder, meaning outside every folder.
- Reboot your Android phone into Recovery Mode. To do so, turn off your phone completely. Now, press and hold the power button and volume down key at the same time for a few seconds.
- Use the volume up and down keys to navigate and power button to select.
- On the next screen, select the Recovery mode option to get into stock recovery mode.
- From the Recovery Mode, select “Apply Updates from phone’s storage” or “Apply updates from sdcard”.
- Navigate and select the OTA zip file from phone storage.
- Confirm the installation. This may take a few minutes.
- Once the installation completes, it will automatically reboot. If not, go back and reboot manually.
Enjoy latest Oxygen OS update on your phone.