OnePlus just released the OnePlus 7T Pro device globally with some improvements to the previous generation of 7 Pro. However, there is a significant difference between the OnePlus 7T and the regular 7. Hence the increase in price. The two devices (7T and 7T Pro) were released with Android 10 out of the box based on the latest Oxygen OS 10.0.1. The previous update brought some major camera improvements to the device. So download the latest Oxygen OS 10.0.4 for OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro with several system improvements and free 50 GB cloud storage.
Oxygen OS 10.0.4 for OnePlus 7T is now rolling out with several system improvements that brings optimization for translation accuracy and overall network stability. You will find significant performance improvements to all parts of communications including network, phone calls, mobile data after the update. The update also states some general bug fixes and improvements.
Most importantly, OnePlus has added free 50 GB cloud storage service built directly into the the OnePlus Gallery app. However, the feature is only for the Indian variants of OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro. Not sure if this feature will be available globally in the future or not. The same features come to OnePlus 7T Pro as well with the Oxygen OS 10.0.3. Yes, the 7T Pro is not getting the latest build of Oxygen OS 10.0.4 as of now.
The previous OnePlus 7T update based on Oxygen OS 10.0.3 featured major camera improvements pertaining to photo quality, enhancements to the stability of camera app, and some UI improvements. So download the latest OxygenOS 10.0.4 OTA update from below, if you haven’t already.
What’s new with Oxygen OS 10.0.4 for OnePlus 7T (Pro)?
- Optimized translation accuracy
- Optimized overall communication (network, phone calls, mobile data) performance
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Added Cloud Service for Gallery (India only)
- Optimized quality of the front camera for better pictures at night
Previous update log:
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Improved photo quality
- Enhanced stability of Camera
- User experience improvements
Download Oxygen OS 10.0.4 for OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro – Latest OTA updates
For those of you who are now familiar with Oxygen OS updates, the manufacture makes the latest updates publicly available to the customers so you can also download them to your phone storage and update manually. This is if the OTA (over -the-air) updates does not work or aren’t available in your region.
For OTA updates, simply go to Settings app > System Updates > Check for OTA updates. It will automatically download and install the updates, if available.
You can easily switch between these using the full firmware package or full ROM zips via Local Upgrade method; provided that the firmware version or build number you are trying to install is higher than the already existing firmware build.
Alternatively, you can also grab the OTA update zips and install it using stock recovery method or ADB sideload method listed here. However, this only works in the same channel.
Full stock firmware downloads:
The full stock firmware updates are not yet available. We will update the links as soon as available. So stay tuned.
- Oxygen OS 10.0.4 for OnePlus 7T | Download OTA update (Gdrive link)
- Oxygen OS 10.0.3 for OnePlus 7T Pro | Download OTA update (coming soon…)
Stay tuned for the latest incremental OTA updates and the first Open Beta update!
How to Update OnePlus 7T Pro to latest Oxygen OS firmware?
Method 1: Local Upgrade
This requires the full stock firmware update zips. It is the easiest way to update any OnePlus device. You can basically switch between Open Beta firmware or Stable channel easily. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any data. However, a backup is very important.
- Download the latest available OOS full stock firmware zip from above.
- Get the full firmware package from above for the OnePlus device and transfer the ROM file to the internal storage or phone storage. Place the zip file outside every folder.
- Now go to Settings app > visit System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- The Local Upgrade option will search for an upgrade package.
- Once you see an upgrade package, tap over it and then hit the install option.
The device will automatically reboot and perform an upgrade. First boot may take a while. Read detailed tutorial here: How to to flash H2OS full stock firmware over Oxygen OS.
Method 2: Stock recovery
This requires the incremental OTA update zips. This will only work in the same channel. For instance, if you would like to upgrade to Oxygen OS 9.5.1 from Oxygen Os 9.5.0. You will only need the incremental OTA update and not the full stock firmware. However, for this method, you will need to reboot your device into recovery mode.
- Download the latest OTA update zip file. to phone storage. Keep it in root folder, meaning outside every folder.
- Reboot your Android phone into Recovery Mode. To do so, turn off your phone completely. Now, press and hold the power button and volume down key at the same time for a few seconds.
- Use the volume up and down keys to navigate and power button to select.
- On the next screen, select the Recovery mode option to get into stock recovery mode.
- From the Recovery Mode, select “Apply Updates from phone’s storage” or “Apply updates from sdcard”.
- Navigate and select the OTA zip file from phone storage.
- Confirm the installation. This may take a few minutes.
- Once the installation completes, it will automatically reboot. If not, go back and reboot manually.
Enjoy latest Oxygen OS update on your phone.