Table of Contents Hide
Last month OnePlus released the official version of Android 10 based on Oxygen OS 10 for their flagship phones. The latest Oxygen OS 10 firmware update brought stable Android 10 build along with several new features. However, the OOS 10 update was quickly put on hold due to some issues. The first stable build for the Android 10 had some critical bugs that needed to be addressed. So here is the latest Oxygen OS 10.0.1 HotFix OTA update available for download for the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro.
Oxygen OS 10.0.1 fixes all the bugs from OOS 10 and includes all the features from it. The OTA is now rolling out for OnePlus 7 Pro in a phased manner across the globe for the Global, US, and EU variants. The changelog for Oxygen OS 10.0.1 is the same as the previous one. According to the screenshots below, that shows the complete update log, it brings Android 10 with a brand new user interface from OnePlus. It also includes all the Android 10 goodies such as enhanced location permissions, new privacy tools, live caption, smart reply, sound amplifier, gesture navigation, dark mode, privacy controls, location controls, focus mode, family link, latest security updates, and more.
Moreover, you also get all the Oxygen OS 10 features like the brand new UI design, advanced location permissions, advanced privacy tools, full screen gestures, game space, smart display, new customization feature in settings enabling icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings menu, built-in Digital Wellbeing, Fnatic mode, Zen mode, built-in screen recorder, screenshot editor, spam call and text filtering, new NightScape 2.0 for camera, always on display, and edge notification light.
Here is screenshot of the Oxygen OS 10.0.1 OTA updaet for OnePlus 7 Pro:
Here is the screenshot of the previous Oxygen OS 10 for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro:
You can see some potential new OxygenOS 10 design here: Download Oxygen OS 10 apps based on Android Q for OnePlus 7 Pro, 7, 6, and 6T
Update log Oxygen OS 10.0.1 for OnePlus 7 (Pro) – Android 10 OTA Update
Changelog for Oxygen OS 10.0.1 is same as the original Oxygen OS 10. This is because Oxygen OS 10.0.1 is a HotFix update. So all the updates and features are the same with no issues or bugs at this moment.
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
Download Oxygen OS 10.0.1 OTA update – Android 10 for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro
Updated: Oxygen OS 10.0.1 OTA updates (full stock firmware zips) for all the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro series variants are now available for download.
Oxygen OS 10.0.1 is a simple HotFix update for the original Oxygen OS 10 but quite important. So if your phone is running the previous Oxygen OS 10 then download the Oxygen OS 10.0.1 HotFix right now. It comes in a small package of 113 MB in size over the previous one. So you can capture the OTA update by simply going to settings > about phone > system update > check for OTA updates.
As the update is fresh out of the oven, the full stock firmware downloads for Oxygen OS 10.0.1 are not yet available. The OTA updates and full stock firmware (ROM) zip will be available for download for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro on both Global and EU stable variants here. So stay tuned!
Before you downloads, you must know the different OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro variants:
- GM21AA: GM1911: India & GM1917: Global/US Unlocked
- GM21BA: GM1913: EU
- GM27BA: GM1920: EU 5G
- GM31CB: GM1915: T-Mobile (Carrier Locked)
Downloads for OnePlus 7 Pro:
- Download Global: Oxygen OS 10.0.1 Android 10 for OnePlus 7 Pro (direct link) | AFH mirror
- Download EU: Oxygen OS 10.0.1 for OnePlus 7 Pro (AFH link)
- All Android 10 builds including rollback package
Downloads for OnePlus 7:
- Download Global: Oxygen OS 10.0.1 Android 10 for OnePlus 7 (direct link) | AFH Mirror
- Download EU: Oxygen OS 10.0.1 for OnePlus 7 (direct link)
Downloads for Oxygen OS 10
(Thanks to djsubterrain and Akhil Narang on XDA-Forums for the links)
How to update OnePlus 7 (Pro) to latest Oxygen OS 10.0.1 firmware update?
Method 1: Simply going to settings > about phone > system update > check for OTA updates.
Method 2: Alternatively, if you want the Oxygen OS 10.0.1 update right now, then simply download the Oxygen 10 full firmware update and flash it using local upgrade method. (listed below) Then go to settings > system updates > check for OTA updates. Download and install.
Methods 3: This is the “OnePlus Local Upgrade” method and requires the full stock firmware update zips listed above. This is the easiest way to update any OnePlus phone including the 7 Pro. You can basically switch between Open Beta firmware or the Stable OxygenOS channel easily. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any data. However, a backup is very important.
- Download the latest available Oxygen OS 10 full stock firmware zip from above.
- Transfer the OOS 10 zip file to the internal storage or phone storage. Place the zip file at the root meaning outside every folder.
- Now go to Settings app > System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- The Local Upgrade option will search for an upgrade package.
- Once you see an upgrade package, tap over it and hit the install option.
The device will automatically reboot and perform an upgrade. First boot may take a while.