OnePlus released official Hydrogen OS 9.0 based on Android 9 Pie today for their most popular smartphones. Yes, OnePlus 3 and 3T are the latest devices to get official Hydrogen OS 9.0 firmware upgrade based on Android 9.0 under the public beta live now in China. This only means one thing – Oxygen OS 9.0 Pie beta is just around the corner and can be released anytime soon this week. So stay tuned. Although H2OS is meant for the Chinese OnePlus 3/3T variants, you can still install this it on your international or global variant as well. Beware that it does not come with Google apps and setvices. You will need to install them separately. Moreover, we already have the the leaked Oxygen OS 9.0 closed beta available for download; if you wish to try it right away. So download and install H2OS 9.0 for OnePlus 3/3T.
The manufacturer officially announced the releases on official Android 9.0 Pie in the Chinese community forums dedicated to OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. H2OS public beta has been released right now along with the OTA update zips; also available for downloads. According to the update log, H2OS beta features brand new OnePlus Launcher with new UI design. It also packs the latest April 2018 security patch level. You can now have more powerful do not disturb mode which will let you change the behavior and time. Game Mode 3.0 is here with new upgrade. It features notification reminder, three-way application call suspension reminder, and help you immerse [yourself in] the game and don’t miss important information.
Apart from that you get the latest OnePlus apps like launcher, camera, gallery, file manager, switch, and also the brand new OnePlus gestures. This also includes all the Android 9 Pie features such as Adaptive Battery, Adaptive Brightness, Slice, Actions, Advanced AutoFill, DNS Over TLS, Digital Wellbeing, and support for Google Camera 6.1 mod natively.
Here is what’s new with the update:
- Update to Android P version
- Brand new UI design
- April 2018 security patch
Do Not Disturb
- More powerful do not disturb mode, do not disturb behavior and time are defined by you
Game Mode 3.0
- New upgrade, notification reminder is lighter, three-way application call suspension reminder, help you immerse [yourself in] the game and don’t miss important information
Download Hydrogen OS 9.0 Beta for OnePlus 3 and 3T based on Android 9 Pie
Here we have the full stock firmware (OTA update zips) of the official Hydrogen OS (H2OS 9.0) Open Beta available for OnePlus 3 and 3T. This is the public beta so it is completely safe to upgrade you OnePlus 3 or 3T to H2OS firmware update. You can also use the Local Upgrade method if you ae on previous H2OS firmware. Otherwise you can flash it through TWRP recovery.
- Hydrogen OS 9.0 Pie for OnePlus 3 | Direct Download Open Beta
- Hydrogen OS 9.0 Pie for OnePlus 3T | Direct Download Open Beta
- OnePlus 3 PanBaidu Mirror (Password: l336)
- OnePlus 3T | PanBaidu Mirror (Password: 5uk4)
How to update OnePlus 3/3T to Android 9.0 Pie?
Local Upgrade method is the easiest way to update any OnePlus device. Read detailed tutorial here: How to to flash H2OS full stock firmware over Oxygen OS or proceed below.
- Download the latest available OOS full stock firmware zip from above.
- Get the full firmware package from above for the OnePlus device and transfer the ROM file to the internal storage or phone storage. Place the zip file outside every folder.
- Now go to Settings app > visit System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- The Local Upgrade option will search for an upgrade package.
- Once you see an upgrade package, tap over it and then hit the install option.
The device will automatically reboot and perform an upgrade. First boot may take a while.
Notes before flashing:
- You can also flash it via TWRP for OnePlus 3 and TWRP for OnePlus 3T.
- Perform a Factory Reset before first boot.
- Your device may get encrypted during boot (data partition may be corrupted on encrypted devices).
- Magisk v18.1 is working on this build.
- Stock recovery will be installed and TWRP will be removed; unless you flash Magisk before first reboot.