OnePlus has three update channels for their phones – closed, beta, and stable channels. The closed beta is for internal testing of new or upcoming features shared with a small group of testers or developers. Open Beta and stable channels are available publicly. The latest Open Beta 27 for OnePlus 6 and Beta 6 for OnePlus 6T now available for download. This new update features March 2019 security patch, improved lock screen interface, improved sensitivity for screen rotation, and general bug fixes or optimizations. It also comes with a new Message feature using which you can select contact groups for sending SMS. We have listed the full stock firmware downloads below.
This has been one of the many OTA updates after OnePlus released Oxygen OS 9.0 based on Android 9 Pie. After the Android 9 update, we have seen many app updates like Camera, Gallery, OnePlus Launcher, Gaming Mode, OnePlus Switch, and much more. This also includes bug fixes and optimizations such as Audio tuner support for Type-C and Bluetooth earphones, video enhancer feature, OnePlus Roaming feature, new and improved Oxygen OS UI from the OnePlus 6T Launcher, NightScape for stock camera, new Oneplus gesture navigation, and much more.
Today’s OTA is not a huge upgrade and merely the latest Android Security patch as the Oxygen OS is quite stable for now. The manufacturer tests latest features in the beta only to implemented into the stable channel in the future. Moreover, Android Q version 10 Developer Preview is on its way anytime soon now and will be available for more devices than previous year (Android 9 Pie DP). So it is very likely that OnePlus 6 and 6T will be among the first few devices to receive Android Q beta once its released officially by Google. So download and install Open Beta 14 and beta 6 for OnePlus 6 and 6T to get future updates sooner.
Changelog for Open Beta
• Updated Android security patch to 2019.03
• Improved lock screen interface
• Improved sensitivity for screen rotation
• Now able to select contact groups for sending SMS
- Gaming mode enhancement
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.01
- Improvements for screen brightness control
- Confirm pin without tapping √ for app locker
- Improved color adaptation for navigation bar when using third-party apps
- Added weather information to the clock widget
- Added create collection, copy and move photos features
- New illustrations and design on blank pages
- General Bug fixes and overall experience improvements
- Added recommended tools in the toolbox
- Improved UI for category tags in the app drawer
- Added call history for incoming calls from unknown numbers
- Improved UI for Call History
- Deep integration with Google Duo
- Added caller identification feature (For India only)
- Added more search options to improve the accuracy of search results
- Improved accuracy of weather descriptions Added more unit options for precipitation, visibility, pressure and other data
- Added more detailed descriptions to weather icons
Now supports migrating data from iPhone
Download Oxygen OS Open Beta 14 for OnePlus 6 and Beta 6 for 6T
Here we have listed the Oxygen OS Open Beta full stock firmware zip available for OnePlus 6 and 6T. The OTA update zip is readily available and can be easily installed using local upgrade method or directly flashing it using TWRP recovery. First, check if it has a compatibility zip. If it does remove it, create the zip and then flash it using TWRP recovery. If you need TWRP recovery, get it from the Oxygen OS 5.1.7 post.
- Open Beta 14 Pie for OnePlus 6 | Official Download
- Open Beta 6 Pie for OnePlus 6T | Official Download
Read: How to Update OnePlus 5/5T using Local Upgrade method. You can also see the installation method here at our post Oxygen OS 9.0.
Note that, the
You can now install the following later:
- Google Camera for OnePlus
- Root Android 9 Pie using Magisk 18
- Latest TWRP recovery
- Use Private DNS over TLS to block ads
- Google Camera 6.1 from Pixel 3
- Digital Wellbeing APK
- Pixel 3 launcher