The Galaxy S10 series devices just launched and Samsung wants to make the existing customers happy. Hence, the manufacturer has decided to bring about the latest Android 9.0 Pie software update for many previous generation devices. This includes the Galaxy S9, S9 Plus, Note 9, and the Note 8. Now it’s time for the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus, that are already under the One UI beta program, to receive the latest Android 9 OTA update.
Samsung is done with the One UI beta testing program and we already have the latest Beta 4 for S8 and S8 Plus international variants (Exynos). Apparently, official stable Android 9.0 Pie OTA update is rolling out in the European countries including UK, Germany, and more. Soon Asian countries like India will receive the same.
The OTA comes with a new firmware build numbers G950FXXU4DSBA and G955FXXU4DSBA for the Galaxy S8 (SM-G950F) and S8 Plus (SM-G955F). So here is a tutorial, we will show you how to download and install the latest Android 9 full stock Odin firmware.
While users in Germany can simply go to settings > system updates > and tap on download OTA updates manually. The OTA comes in a package of over 1.8 GB in size. However, if you are looking forward to download the full stock firmware for Odin flash tool, then the full package comes for a whopping 4.6 GB TAR file.
|Samsung Model||SM-G950F and SM-G955F|
|Device name||Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus|
|Software Version||Android 9.0 Pie|
|Build date||Fri, 15 Feb 2019 10:06:41|
|Security Patch Level||2019-02-01|
|Product or CSC Code||DBT|
|Firmware PDA||G950FXXU4DSBA and G955FXXU4DSBA|
|Firmware CSC||G950FXXU4DSBA and G955FXXU4DSBA|
How to Download Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus stable Android 9 Pie Odin firmware
You can use this tutorial to get the latest firmware for any of the S8 and S8 Plus variant. Be it Snapdragon S8 (SM-G950U/U1) and Snapdragon S8 Plus (SM-G955U/U1) in the United states from carriers like T-Mobile, At&T, Sprint, Verizon, or unlocked variants. Use the same tutorial as Exynos below. Just fill in the details correctly.
How to download Odin firmware for Galaxy S8?
- Download and extract the latest Samsung Firmware download tool to PC (Windows). The tutorial has detailed steps for download Samsung Firmware for all.
- Now, note down the model number for your device from Settings > About Phone > Software information. (Here it would be SM-G950F/FD or SM-G955F/FD)
- Also, not down the CSC code or Product code for your specific region. See the list of CSC codes for all of your Samsung device region. Here we have selected DBT (for Germany).
- Now, launch the SamFirm tool with admin rights.
- Input all the details like the model number and CSC code. (See screenshots below)
- Download the latest stock firmware for Galaxy S8.
- Once downloaded, see How to install stock Samsung firmware using Odin tool.
You may also like: