Updated: Open Beta 27 for OnePlus 5 and Beta 25 for OnePlus 5T now available for download. This update features general bug fixes and optimizations. It also comes with a Gaming mode enhancements. Added weather information to clock widget.
Original: Another Oxygen OS based beta channel update is now rolling out for OnePlus 5 phones with January 2019 security patch. The latest beta also features a new and updated OnePlus Launcher with new recommended tools in the toolbox, updated gallery app with an added create collection, copy or move photos feature, updated phone app with new call UI and added call history for incoming calls from unknown numbers. See the full update log below. See the So download and install Open Beta 25 and beta 23 for OnePlus 5 and 5T.
Earlier this month, we received the official Oxygen OS 9.0.2 update via stable channel with critical bug fixes and a hotfix. It fixed the WiFi connectivity issues, network issues, brought 4G VoLTE support for some countries, fixed 4G VoLTE toggle for some, and also fixed the issue with physical or capacitive navigation buttons not working on OnePlus 5 at times.
Here we are with the Open Beta 25 for the OnePlus 5 and the Beta 23 for the OnePlus 5T. The update features the latest January 2019 Security Patch, improved screen brightness controls, confirm pin without tapping √ for app locker, improved color adaptation for navigation bar when using third-party apps, improved color adaptation for navigation bar when using third-party apps.
We have already the Android 9.0 Pie update for the OnePlus 5(T) on both – the stable channel (Oxygen OS 9.0+) as well as the open beta channel. So your device features all the Android Pie goodies including Adaptive Battery, Adaptive Brightness, Slice, Actions, Advanced AutoFill, DNS Over TLS, latest January 2018 Security Patch, etc. You can also install the official Hydrogen OS 9.0 and latest Oxygen OS 9.0.3 based on Android 9 Pie for the OnePlus 5 and 5T.
• Gaming mode enhancement
• Added weather information to the clock widget
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.01
- Improvements for screen brightness control
- Confirm pin without tapping √ for app locker
- Improved color adaptation for navigation bar when using third-party apps
- Added create collection, copy and move photos features
- New illustrations and design on blank pages
- General Bug fixes and overall experience improvements
- Added recommended tools in the toolbox
- Improved UI for category tags in the app drawer
- Added call history for incoming calls from unknown numbers
- Improved UI for Call History
- Deep integration with Google Duo
- Added caller identification feature (For India only)
- Added more search options to improve the accuracy of search results
- Improved accuracy of weather descriptions Added more unit options for precipitation, visibility, pressure and other data
- Added more detailed descriptions to weather icons
Now supports migrating data from iPhone
Download Oxygen OS Open Beta 27 for OnePlus 5 and Beta 25 for 5T
Here we have listed the Oxygen OS Open Beta full stock firmware zip available for OnePlus 5 and 5T. The OTA update zip is readily available and can be easily installed using local upgrade method or directly flashing it using TWRP recovery. First, check if it has a compatibility zip. If it does remove it, create the zip and then flash it using TWRP recovery. If you need TWRP recovery, get it from the Oxygen OS 5.1.7 post.
- Open Beta 27 Pie for OnePlus 5 | Official Download
- Open Beta 25 Pie for OnePlus 5T | Official Download
Download Oxygen OS Open Beta 25 for OnePlus 5 and Beta 23 for 5T
Here we have listed the Oxygen OS Open Beta full stock firmware zip available for download.
- Open Beta 25 Pie for OnePlus 5 | Official Download (AFH mirror link)
- Open Beta 23 Pie for OnePlus 5T | Official Download
Read: How to Update OnePlus 5/5T using Local Upgrade method. You can also see the installation method here at our post Oxygen OS 9.0.
You can now install the following later:
- Root Android 9 Pie using Magisk 18
- Latest TWRP recovery
- Use Private DNS over TLS to block ads
- Google Camera 6.1 from Pixel 3
- Digital Wellbeing APK
- Pixel 3 launcher