Table of Contents
LineageOS 15.1 is the latest version of the most popular custom ROM for Android devices. It has been updated to Android 8.1 Oreo and the April 2018 security patches. This takes the ROM on the same platform as the Google Pixel and Nexus phones. Now, you can update LG V20 device to Android 8.1 Oreo using a custom ROM. So download and install Lineage OS 15.1 for LG V20 and all of its variants.
Lineage OS 15.1 is the first custom ROM built for LG V20 based on Oreo. Although V20 is supposed to receive official Oreo update in the upcoming months, there is no work from the manufacturer about the date. So the only way to update LG V20 to Oreo is via a custom ROM. Moreover, Lineage OS 15.1 is light weight, can use Open Gapps, rooted with Magisk, and you can also use Substratum Theme Engine as well.
This is an unofficial LineageOS 15.1 build for the LG V201 and most of its variants. You can install LOS 15.1 on LG V20 H910, H918, LS997, US996, VS995 variants. This includes international or global, AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile LG V20 variants.
Download Lineage OS 15.1 for LG V20 based on Android 8.1 Oreo
You can either download the official Lineage OS for LG V20 which is still based on Android 7.1 Nougat. If you want the Oreo builds, download the following ROM. The developer has listed the complete TWRP build for the device
- Download Lineage OS 15.1 for LG V20 | Downloads folder
Download TWRP for LG V20:
You will also need:
Warning: Flashing a custom ROM, rooting, installing custom recovery may void device warranty. The ROM is an unofficial build so it consists of bugs at the moment. The bugs include lack of 2nd screen support, VoLTE and WiFi calling do not work yet. WiFi or Bluetooth MAC is “00:00:00:00:00:00” which can be fixed using this code.
How to install a Lineage OS 15.1 onto LG V20 device?
Note: If you are on the official Lineage OS 14.1 for LG V20 and looking forward to upgrading to this unofficial to LOS 15.1 ROM, you will need to flash the
official-to-unofficial.zip first from the above folder. Reboot before upgrade.
- Download and install the recommended TWRP from above. Unlocked Bootloder is a must.
- Download the proper Lineage OS 15.1 ROM for your variant. Also download latest Magisk zip and Gapps for Oreo zip.
- Transfer all the files to device storage.
- Reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Take a full Nandroid Backup.
- If you are coming from official LOS, first flash
official-to-UNOFFICIAL.zipif you want. Otherwise, do a factory reset from TWRP.
- Flash the Lineage OS 15.1 ROM zip.
- Wipe cache and Dalvik cache.
- Flash the latest Magisk zip if you want to root.
- Flash the Gapps for 8.1 Oreo.
- Reboot to system.
Let us know in the comments section below about the latest Lineage OS 15.1 ROM.