Update: A new Android 8.0 Oreo OTA updates 2 is rolling out for Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus Exynos variants with firmware build numbers G950FXXU1CRB7 and G955FXXU1CRB7 right now. The OTA and full stock firmware are available for download. The previous build number firmware G955FXXU1CRAP has been abandoned. Samsung’s Oreo Beta software program has successfully ended since January 26, 2017. Ever since then the manufacturer is focusing on the stable Android 8.0 firmware update for the Galaxy S8 and S8+. Amidst the launch of the upcoming Galaxy S9 and S9+ on February 25th, Samsung is up for another surprise this month. Today, the stable Android 8.0 Oreo update is being rolled out for the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ with Baseband version CRAP.
The OTA update was first spotted in Germany by a users holding a Galaxy S8 device with model number SM-G950F. This will take the firmware build numbers to G950FXXU1CRAP and G955FXXU1CRAP on the two flagship duo respectively. It features the the latest February 1, 2018 Android Security Patch. Not much is known about the update as of right now, except it based on the latest Samsung Experience 9.0.
However, it is not clear as to who all are receiving the update first – the Beta Program users or the users on official Nougat build. If we guess, then the the Oreo Beta members are in desperate need of the official Oreo update due to a number of bugs present in Beta software.
Update: The Oreo update comes to the Galaxy S8 and S8+ in the regions of Asia including India (SM-G950FD and SM-G955FD), and the regions of Europe including UK, Poland, Germany, etc.
Screenshots from German variant:
As you can see from the above screenshot, the new update features the February 2018 Android Security Patch. This makes Samsung the first manufacturer to release the latest Security Patch.
The following are the OTA updates for users on ZRA5 which is the last Oreo Beta OTA for Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus. Download the
Galaxy S8 Plus:
First you may need: Galaxy S8 Plus AQL5 Odin (G955F) full stock firmware file.
- Galaxy S8+ G955F CRAP OTA | Download update zip | Mirror | From ZRA5
- G955F model mirror downloads: , AQL5 to ZRA5, and ZRA5 to CRAP.
First, you may need Galaxy S8 AQL5 Odin (G950F) full stock firmware file. This is a direct OTA update from AQL5 (Nougat) to CRAP (Official Oreo) for G950F only.
- Galaxy S8 G950F CRAP OTA | Download update zip
How to install update.zip: file?
We have provided AQL5 full stock firmware file and AQL5 to ZRA5 OTA update files. Make sure your device is on the first AQL5 firmware update. See how to install full stock firmware file on Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus using Odin.
- Your devices must be on ZRA5, stock, no root.
- If your device is on AQL5, you can flash this ZRA5 OTA update. Install it using the same procedure below.
- Now copy the update.zip to device storage or microSD card.
- Reboot device into recovery mode. (Stock recovery)
- Now choose the option “Install update.zip from SD card”
- Let the installation begin.
- Once done, reboot to system and enjoy Oreo.
How to download Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ full stock Odin firmware and install?
There are a few ways to update your Galaxy S8 to the latest firmware update (Android 8.0 Oreo). The first is to go to Settings > Software Updates > and Download OTA update manually. If it is present, then download and install it.
Alternatively, you can download the latest full stock firmware using the SamFirm tool. The procedure is listed below.
- Download and setup SamFirm tool on your PC.
- Run the software and put in the device details such as model number and Region or CSC code.
- Now, check for update and download the full firmware zip.
- Extract the zip and install it using latest Odin tool.