Table of Contents Hide
The OnePlus 5 Open Beta build 1 is now rolling out with the latest Android 8.0 Oreo. Earlier today, we shared the closed beta for the OnePlus 5. This is the Open Beta, which means, for the public. So if you have a OnePlus 5 or 5T, then you are lucky enough to receive the latest Oreo build and install it, with or without root. This brings latest Android 8.0 Oreo to the device, and the November 2017 Security Patch.
The first Open Beta build for OnePlus 5/5T does features all the Oreo goodies like Picture-In-Picture, Auto-fill, Smart text selection, new quick settings design. Apart from all the awesome Oreo features, you get OnePlus specific functionalities like Parallel Apps. The OnePlus launcher has been updated to bring notification dots for app icons, new folder design, and uploads directly to Shot on OnePlus.
This build of Open Beta build does not bring the Face Unlock feature like the OnePlus 5T. If you want it, then you better settle for the Oxygen OS 5.0 Beta 2 for OnePlus 5. The OnePlus 5 will sure get Face unlock in next updates.
You may also like:
- How to root OnePlus 5?
- How to root OnePlus 5T?
- Official Oxygen OS 5.0 rolling out.
- OnePlus 5T camera app port.
- OnePlus 5 Oxygen OS 4.5.14.
Update Log for OnePlus 5 Open Beta 1
- Updated to Android O (8.0)
- Added Picture in Picture
- Added Auto-fill
- Added Smart text selection
- New Quick Settings design
- Added Parallel Apps
- Updated security patch to November
- Added notification dots
- New app folder design
- Now able to upload photos directly to Shot on OnePlus
How to install Open Beta?
Following is a local upgrade option. You can also dirty flash the ROM using TWRP recovery.
- First, download the Oxygen OS 5.0 for OnePlus 5 from above.
- Transfer it to device storage.
- Go to Settings > System Updates > and tap on the top right settings icon.
- Select Locak Upgrade option.
- The app will notify you of any existing Oxygen OS 5.0 firmware package.
- Select it and proceed for installation.
- Reboot into stock recovery.
See a detailed tutorial from here.
If your OnePlus 5 is rooted with TWRP recovery, then you can flash it directly. You may need to wipe data before proceeding to avoid any conflicts.
Download Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 5/5T
- Open Beta for OnePlus 5 | Download
- Open Beta for OnePlus 5T | Download | Coming soon…
How to downgrade back to Android 7.1.1 Nougat on OnePlus 5?
- Download the Nougat roll-back build for OnePlus 5 from here.
- Transfer it to Internal storage.
- Now enter recovery mode. Turn off your device completely. Press and hold the Power + Volume Down keys simultaneously.
- From recovery, select “Install from Local” and select the Oxygen OS ROM.
- Proceed for installation.
- Reboot device back into recovery after installation completes.
- You will need to Wipe data, cache, and Erase everything (Music, pics, etc).
- Reboot device to system.