Samsung started seeding the Android 7.0 Nougat updates for some of its devices towards last week of August. And it seems the rollout has continued into September with various other devices getting onboard for the Nougat OS update. Like we earlier mentioned most of the devices getting the 7.0 Nougat OS updates are somewhat older devices. Somewhat older but nevertheless popular. And one such popular device is receiving the Nougat 7.0 update for its Indian variants. Yes..!! The Android Nougat 7.0 update for Galaxy J7 Prime has been rolled out now. and this update is for the Indian variant of the device. The update has been dropped as an OTA(Over-The-Air) update. So, it might take a while to reach the Indian users of the Galaxy J7 Prime. And this update weighs in a little more than 1GB.
The Nougat 7.0 update for Galaxy J7 Prime will take the device to the firmware build number G610FDDU1BQH9. This update for Galaxy J7 Prime is based on the August 2017 security patch update. Galaxy J7 Prime debuted in Mid 2016 with Android 6.0.1 marshmallow out of the box. So, this upgrade was much expected. And if You are not fond of waiting for the OTA roll out, You can directly download the firmware from Samsung servers. We have explained both the ways to avail the Android 7.0 Nougat update for Galaxy J7 Prime.
We have also seen Samsung’s first Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware build coming to the Galaxy J7 Prime Korean variant. This means the J7 prime 2017 may receive the Android version 7.1.1 as well.
Nougat 7.0 update for Galaxy J7 Prime: Firmware Information
Let’s see the firmware info in a nutshell.
|Galaxy J7 Prime
|Security Patch Level
What’s New with the Nougat 7.0 Update for Galaxy J7 Prime
The update moves the device to Android Nougat 7.0. So, the device will get the following amazing features after they update their device.
- Upgradation to Android 7.0 Nougat
- Multi-Window Support
- New quick settings
- Dual Messenger
- Improved notifications features
- Enhanced storage capacity
- Improved speed for installing system updates
How To Download Nougat 7.0 Update for Galaxy J7 Prime
You can wait for the OTA to roll up to Your device or You may directly download the firmware from Samsung Servers.
But before You follow any method to download the update,
- Be sure to get your device with full battery charge.
- Use a strong Wi-Fi network to download the update as it is more than 1GB in size.
- Backup Your device data before performing any updates.
- AndroidSage will not be responsible if any damage occurs to Your device during the update process.
First, let’s see how You can capture the OTA update when it becomes available.
To get the Nougat 7.0 Update for Galaxy J7 Prime via over the air:
- Go to Your device Settings >About device > Software updates.
- Tap on Check for updates manually.
- If any update is available, you will receive an OTA notification to download it.
- Simply follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the update.
And the second way is to download the firmware directly from Samsung servers by using latest Odin Tool.
How To Install Nougat 7.0 stock firmware Update for Galaxy J7 Prime using Odin Tool
We have a detailed tutorial on how to install the stock firmware in Your device using the Odin Tool. We have mentioned the link below for the same.
Therefore, avail the Android 7.0 Nougat update and upgrade Your Galaxy J7 Prime and enjoy the best features that Android Nougat has to offer.