Xiaomi has just released Alpha and Beta builds for Xiaomi Mi 6 bearing the latest MIUI 9 update. Although the Mi 6 was already on Android 7.1.1 Nougat, the latest update brings various design and thematic changes to the device flaunting a minimalistic approach to the previous MIUI 8 skin.
With Xiaomi already announcing their update roadmap for the month of August and September, including almost every device they manufactured dating back to late 2013, it would do other manufacturers some good to learn from the Chinese giant.
The updates, which are being provided in the form of Alpha and Beta builds, are targeted at users who are willing to test out the latest firmware for their devices. While the Alpha build will get more frequent updates, they will tend to be unstable in nature, whereas the Beta builds will be updated less frequently and may not include all features from Alpha builds but will be relatively stable.
Download MIUI 9 ROM For Xiaomi Mi 6
Note: Firstly, the builds available for download are for the Chinese ROM which may include bloatware and other undesired ‘features’. Secondly, the files available are not recovery flashable and will only be flashed via fastboot.
Users are also forewarned that the Chinese variant for the ROM will not include Google Play Services and Framework and will have to be sideloaded.
Install MIUI 9 ROM On Xiaomi Mi 6
The installation process will also include steps to add Google Play functionality to your device
- Any of the MIUI 9 build for Xiaomi Mi 6
- Google Installer V2.0 | Download
- Unlocked Bootloader | Setup, and Guide
- TWRP 3.1.1-0 | Download
- MiFlash Tool | Download
- ADB and Fastboot Drivers | Download | Guide
- (Optional) Mi PC Suit | Download
- (Optional) SuperSU | Download
- (Optional) Magisk | Download
- Flash your Alpha/Beta build via fastboot. If you’re unsure about the process, refer to our fastboot guide
- Flash TWRP Recovery after installing your new MIUI 9 ROM
- (Optional) Flash Magisk or SuperSU to gain root functionality
- Install Google Installer V2.0 apk on your device and download all Google Play packages and frameworks
In case your device is stuck in a state of bootloop, use the Mi PC Suite and download the latest Stock Firmware for your Xiaomi Mi 6 to restore device functionality.