Table of Contents
Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus are the latest flagship phone from the largest Korean electronic manufacturer. It comes with some exclusive apps, features, and the user interface including Bixby, AOD, new and updated stock apps like Music, Camera, and much more. The interface is termed as Infinity Display due to its almost seamless edges. Now, all these exclusive features can be ported onto other Samsung devices like the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge via a ROM port. The Android ROM listed below brings a framework based on Samsung S8 user interface.
The Galaxy S8+ ROM port listed below is a stock based custom ROM based on stock Samsung Experience firmware (formerly TouchWiz) in a package on 1.50 GB in size. It has been tested on S7 (Edge) G935/G930 devices and the firmware is based on G935FXXU1DQCE Baseband version. The most important thing about this ROM is that it comes with most of the Galaxy s8 apps, mods and features. It also has OTA Updater with additional features like Debloat, Deodex, and De-Knox. The ROM comes pre-rooted with Magisk and the system is optimized for performance and stability.
If you find some Samsung S8+ apps or features missing in the ROM like the new Bixby assistant or the Always On Display, then head over to the new tutorial on how to convert your Samsung device to Galaxy S8+ without root and simply via applications. You may also like S8 Launcher APK.
S8 ROM features and screenshots:
-Rebase to DQCE
-Aroma option for dirty or full wipe flash
-Ported Galaxy S8 Live wallpapers (NOT FULL WORKING YET Working on it !)
-Ported Galaxy S8 Secure Folder (Fake knox to X0 with magisk to work)
-Ported S8 Motion Effect
-Google Rounded Search Bar Added
-Fixed the HomeScreen when you disable Navbar
-Fixed Game Tools
-Fixed S8 touchkeys when using Snapchat
-Fixed Facebook Fc when using my rom (RARE BUG)
-Fixed Some s8 apps that use alot of battery
-Fixed Samsung Notes
-Fixed S8 Touch Keys
-Fixed Some AOD problems
-Using More S8 files
-Enabled stock keys
-Modded S8 Touch Settings
-Using Some S8 libs for more stabillity
-Samsung Video player updated
Warning: This is a custom ROM and may not work with every device. Although it has been tested on other devices, you should be cautious. Reader’s discretion is advised.
How to install Samsung Galaxy S8 ROM Port onto Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge?
The S8+ ROM listed below comes with most of the Galaxy S8 features and apps. It is based on the stock S7 Edge firmware G935FXXU1DQCE. Simply download and flash via latest TWRP recovery. While flashing the ROM, you will be directed to an AROMA installer where you can choose what features you want with the ROM and also choose your specific device.
Download S8+ ROM Port for S7 (Edge)
- Samsung Galaxy S8 ROM | Download | OnTheEdgeLite S8+ Port 3.0
- Disable s8 Navbar for Port 3.0 ONLY | Download
OnTheEdgeLite 7.1 STABLE | Download | (Optional: this is an alternative ROM)
The instructions below are brief. For further instructions visit this page.
- Download the Nougat Bootloader and Modem for the S7 device.
- Install the Bootloader and Modem via Odin before you flash the S8 ROM.
- Make sure your S7 (Edge) device has TWRP installed.
- Now download the latest S8+ ROM file from the download section above and transfer it to phone’s SD card.
- Reboot into TWRP recovery and take a complete Nandroid Backup.
- Later, select WIPE and tap on “Advanced Wipe” and select necessary partitions. (Except for internal Storage or Sd-Card) Swipe right.
- Return to Main Menu and tap on Install.
- Select the S8 ROM and swipe right to install.
- Your device will enter AROMA installer. Select the features you want and proceed towards installation.
- Reboot the device into system.
The first boot may take a while. Otherwise, you can always restore from backup or restore the S7 device completely via Odin.
Thanks to: angelo27093