Table of Contents
The Lineage OS is one of the most popular custom ROMs for Android phones. This third-party OS emerged after CyanogenMod shut down. The reason why Lineage OS is popular is because it supports a range of Android devices and brings the latest updates from the AOSP sources. The Android Open Source Project (AOSP) releases the latest source code to the public with a newer Android OS versions like 7.1 Nougat, 6.0.1 Marshmallow, etc. Lineage OS takes these resources and compiles them into building a custom ROM for each Android device. The latest Lineage OS 14.1 is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat at this moment. With the latest April 2017 Security Patch Level, the official Android 7.1.2 Nougat was released for Nexus 6P, 5X, Player, Google Pixel (XL) and more. Now, the first non-Google phone to receive the Android 7.1.2 is the OnePlus 2.
The Lineage OS, probably version 15, listed below is based on the Android 7.1.2 Nougat for the OnePlus 2 and comes as an unofficial build. This means that OnePlus 2 users can now test all the upcoming Lineage OS 15 or 14.2 features right now. As the next number of the ROM is not yet confirmed, the developer has left it as Lineage OS 14.1. Similarly, we have also seen an Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM based on Hydrogen OS for the OnePlus 2.
There is a minor difference between the Android 7.1.1 and the 7.1.2 Nougat. It mostly brings performance and stability improvements and a little bit of tweaks here and there. It does bring critical changes to the new Pixel Launcher. Pixel C receives a new revamped user interface for tablets.
Here are some UI and new features from the Lineage OS 7.1.2 Nougat build:
How to Install Lineage OS build based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Android phone?
Here you will find the latest builds for the upcoming Lineage OS build for Android phones. At this moment, the only build available is the OnePlus 2 device. It is an unofficial port. You will have to wait for the official one. Thanks to developer Seraph08.
Download Android 7.1.2 Nougat Lineage OS (15) ROM
- Lineage OS based on 7.1.2 Nougat for OnePlus 2 | Download | Mirrror | File: lineage-14.1-20170405-UNOFFICIAL-oneplus2.zip
Lineage OS (15) Installation Instructions:
- First, make sure the Android phone is rooted with custom TWRP recovery setup.
- Download the Lineage OS build based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat for your device from above.
- Download the latest Gapps for Android 7.1.1.
- Also download the latest SuperSU 2.79 SR3 to gain root access.
- Transfer all the files to the phone storage.
- Reboot Android phone into TWRP recovery.
- Take a complete Nandroid backup.
- Now tap on Install and choose the Lineage OS zip file and swipe right to flash.
- Similarly, flash the Gapps and SuperSU zip files.
- Reboot device to system.
That’s all. Enjoy the latest Android 7.1.2 on your Android device with the latest Lineage OS build.