The AT&T variants of many Samsung devices including the Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, Note 5, Galaxy S6 (Edge) are already running the latest Android 7.0 Nougat update. OTA update zip files are very rare among Samsung Galaxy devices as the phones are mostly updated via full stock firmware files with .tar extensions. However, the AT&T variants of Samsung Galaxy range mostly receive an OTA update. AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge users have been able to capture the Nougat OTA files with a newer March Security Patch Level. The Nougat OTA comes with a newer firmware version G928AUCU4EQC6.
The OTA have been captured from the official AT&T servers. Their servers are accessible to only the users on the AT&T network. So the users who are not on their networks won’t receive the OTA and won’t be able to update to Nougat. However, with the mirrors listed below, users can manually update their phones. Meaning, users with the same model number and living outside the US or carrier unlocked phones can make use of the OTA files to upgrade.
Being an Android device, the OTA updates can be flashed onto the device via a couple of methods including ADB sideload, or stock recovery. Simply download the incremental OTA for your device and install it rebooting into stock recovery.
How to update Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928A to Nougat via G928AUCU4EQC6 OTA?
There is a simple stock recovery update available for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus device to update to Android 7.0 Nougat. It is same as that of the AT&T Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge Nougat update procedure. Alternatively, check out the ADB sideload method from below.
Download the OTA updates from below:
There are two versions. The first one is from firmware version QB2 to QC6. The second one is from firmware version QA1 to QC6. Verify which Baseband your current device runs on and download the OTA accordingly.
- OTA for devices running March QB2 Baseband | SS-G928AUCS4CQB2-to-U4EQC6-UP | MD5 :7a55165ce2b9d3ffe6170491813c44ac
- Nougat update for devices running 4CQA1 Baseband | SS-G928AUCS4CQA1-to-U4EQC6-UP.zip | MD5 checksum : c74d9106d59dcb0411f9a1e4e23ca797
You can install the OTA using the following ADB sideload method as well:
- Make sure the S6 device is running at least the G928AUCS4CQA1 or March update G928AUCS4CQB2 Baseband version. Check from About Phone.
- Backup everything before you proceed. This is important.
- Make sure ADB and Fastboot are setup on PC. Also, enable the “show file extension” option in Windows.
- Now download the exact incremental OTA for your device. Either SS-G928AUCS4CQA1-to-U4EQC6-UP.zip or the March 20 update SS-G928AUCS4CQB2-to-U4EQC6-UP.zip
- Turn off the phone completely and reboot into stock recovery on Samsung.
- To enter the recovery mode, press volume up, home and power button together.
- From the recovery, use the volume buttons to navigate and the Power button to select the ‘Apply Update from ADB’ option. You can also choose ‘Apply updates from SD card’, if available.
- Now connect your S6 device to PC via USB cable.
- Open a CMD prompt or terminal on PC where the OTA files are present.
- Now issue the following command to test the ADB connection with the phone:
- Issue the following command to flash the OTA zip file:
adb sideload SS-G928AUCS4CQA1-to-U4EQC6-UP.zip
OR (whichever is applicable for the phone.)
adb sideload SS-G928AUCS4CQB2-to-U4EQC6-UP.zip
- Let the installation do its thing.
Once complete, reboot the phone and enjoy the latest Android 7.0 Nougat firmware on S6 Edge Plus.
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.