It seems like the break is over and the Chinese smartphone manufacturer – Xiaomi is rolling out the major upgrade to a new MIUI version for most of the Mi and Redmi series devices. As promised yesterday, the most awaited firmware update MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM is out officially from Xiaomi. The MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat and comes with many bug fixes, stability improvements, and also with a newer security patch level.
Most of the devices have already started to receive the over-the-air (OTA). The devices can get the notification directly onto your phone via the Updater app, you may not be able to upgrade if you have rooted, installed TWRP, or flashed a custom ROM. For that, you can download the full ROM listed below and use the tutorial in this thread to flash it.
The devices that are receiving the update include via OTA are Mi Max, Mi Max Prime, Mi 4i, Mi 3, Mi 4, Mi Note, Redmi 1S, Redmi Note 4G. Moreover, Xiaomi has promised to roll out the update for other devices from 20th Feb 2017 which include Redmi 2 (Prime), Note 3 Qualcomm, Note 3 Special Edition, Note 4 MTK, Note 2, Redmi Note Prime, and most of the Mi series devices.
What’s New with the MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM?
MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM Update Highlights
– New improved layout for toggles in the Notification shade
– Get full control over automated tasks
– Brand new system sounds and ringtones
MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM Full Changelog
Lockscreen, Status Bar, Notification Bar
New – Swipe to delete Lockscreen notifications
New – UI adjustments for toggles
New – Battery saver toggle can be added to the Notification shade
Optimization – Lock screen PINlayout
Optimization – Changed icons forUSB charging and switching keyboards
Optimization – Floating notifications won’t appear in DND mode
Fix – Notification shade issues during incoming call floating notifications
Fix – Wi-Fi page made the device freeze when it was opened for the first time
Fix – Notification shade issues
Fix – Issues with opacity after using third party themes
Fix – The first notification couldn’t be removed by a swipe
Fix – Landscape mode issues with third party themes
New – Home screen settings added to the Settings
Fix – Part of UI for deleting apps wasn’t visible on light backgrounds
Fix – Minor adjustments for animations in the Launcher
New – Antivirus scans for the apps installed not from Google Play
Download and install MIUI 8 stable ROM for Xiaomi
Redmi Note 4G:
- Fastboot dior_global_images_V188.8.131.52.KHIMIDL_20170111.0000.00_4.4_global_75350c18a6.tgz
- Recovery 762M miui_HMNoteLTEGlobal_V184.108.40.206.KHIMIDL_196c30cbf8_4.4.zip
- Fastboot armani_global_images_V220.127.116.11.KHCMIDL_20170111.0000.00_4.4_global_38141329ff.tgz
- Recovery 753M miui_HM1SWCGlobal_V18.104.22.168.KHCMIDL_0e98e6e5ff_4.4.zip
- Fastboot virgo_global_images_V22.214.171.124.MXEMIDL_20170111.0000.00_6.0_global_64190c2ca0.tgz
- Recovery 983M miui_MINoteGlobal_V126.96.36.199.MXEMIDL_f291f931cf_6.0.zip
Mi Max 32G:
- Fastboot hydrogen_global_images_V188.8.131.52.MBCMIDL_20170116.0000.00_6.0_global_b0c46349cd.tgz
- Recovery 1395M miui_MIMAXGlobal_V184.108.40.206.MBCMIDL_ad2db3ac36_6.0.zip
Mi Max 64G / 128G:
- Fastboot helium_global_images_V220.127.116.11.MBDMIDL_20170117.0000.00_6.0_global_93c4b2ee23.tgz
- Recovery 1395M miui_MIMAX652Global_V18.104.22.168.MBDMIDL_9060ae09fa_6.0.zip
The China MIUI 8.2 Stable ROM can be downloaded from this page. The download links are not available for the Xiaomi Mi 3 , Mi 4 and Mi 4i devices at the moment and we will update it once the download links are live. So Stay tuned!
[UPDATE]: As promised by Xiaomi the Download links are now live for Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4. However, the Download link for Mi 4i is still pending, we are hoping that it will be released soon by Xiaomi.
You can Find the Download links for Mi 3 and Mi 4 as follows:
Mi 3 and Mi 4:
- Recovery 852M miui_MI3WMI4WGlobal_V22.214.171.124.MXDMIDL_3bc7c657b8_6.0.zip
How to Install MIUI 8.2 ROM? There are 2 files – one is recovery file which can be flashed directly using the stock recovery and second is a fastboot file that can be used to restore Xiaomi device to full stock. Check out our previous post on how to install.