Today is a very busy day for Android enthusiasts. Earlier today, Google released the official Android 7.1.1 Nougat Developer Preview for three of our favorite devices including the Nexus 6P, the Nexus 5X, and the Pixel C. The Developer preview is available with the Android Beta Program and brings the newest Android features to the Nexus range. Nexus users can now opt for the OTA update and enjoy some of Google Pixel features. For a total Google Pixel experience on your Nexus phone, you can head over to the Google Pixel apps and features port tutorial from here. However, for those who feel left behind like devices from other Nexus range and Android smartphones from other manufacturers, there is still hope. Google has now released three brand new Google apps viz, Pixel launcher 7.1.1, Pixel Launcher icons 7.1, and the Google Wallpapers in support of the other two.
The Pixel Launcher is a successor to the Google Now Launcher. The difference is, Pixel Launcher will provide you with the feeling of the Pixel and Pixel XL phones which the tech company released earlier this month. Here are the key features for the same.
• Swipe right from your home screen to see personalized Google cards that bring you news and personalized information, at just the right time.
• Quick access to Google Search on your primary home screen.
• Swipe up on the bottom Favorites row to find your apps from A-Z.
• App Suggestions bring the app you’re looking for to the top of your A-Z list.
• Long-press on apps that support shortcuts to jump right into where you need to go or long-press on the shortcuts to drag them to the home screen.
Download official Pixel Launcher 7.1.1:
The official pixel Launcher from Google is now available on Play Store. It requires Nexus devices running Android 7.0 Nougat or later. However, that won’t be a problem because we have the APK download link below. So grab the launcher and install it right away.
- Pixel Launcher 7.1.1-3359438 → Direct Download
Pixel Launcher Icons 7.1 – New Icons for Pixel Launcher
If you have downloaded the APK file and installed it, you may find the new icons from Google missing. For that, you can grab the Pixel Launcher Icons APK and install it. However, the minimum requirement for icons is Android 7.0 Nougat or later. So they won’t install on NAdroid 6.0.1 Marshmallow or earlier.
- Pixel Launcher Icons 7.1 → Direct Download
Google Wallpapers APK:
This is required if you are running the Pixel Launcher. It will enable the wallpapers section on the launcher. Otherwise, the launcher may become unstable upon hitting the wallpaper section on the home screen.
- Download Google WallpapersAPK → Direct Download
You may also like:
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat Developer Preview NPF10C on Nexus device
- How to Install Android 7.1 Nougat features like Google Assistant
Like, share, and follow us on social media.
Thanks to: APKMirror