Table of Contents Hide
If you are looking for some Android applications which aren’t yet available in your country or some app updates that have not yet reached your device, then there are certain methods through which you can download APK files. Now as we know the official Android apps or updates are not available outside the official Android Play Store and cannot be extracted easily. The following methods will help you easily download APK files available on Google Play Store directly onto your PC or your mobile device via your browser. You can save the APK files for later in your PC or phone’s SD card. Moreover, the following methods and sources have been verified by us for safety. You can use these applications without any restrictions.
To download an APK file from the Play Store to your PC, there are various ways. Certain websites, Aptoide for instance, has a large collection of Android apps which are verified and readily downloadable. Secondly, you can make use of Google Chrome extensions and plugins that can help you extract Android apps from Play Store. So check out the following methods to make the most of your Android device.
Note: Before you proceed, you may want to take a look at installing an APK file manually from external sources from below. We do not encourage downloading apps from external sources other than official Google Play Store. Each app is a copyright of their respective developers. Reader’s discretion is advised.
Download APK files via internet browser extension
Using extensions seems to be very helpful when you have to use such services provided by them for a long time. They enhance and modify the functionality of a browser. In this article, we are using a Google Chrome extension.
- Install Appsofto APK downloader extension on your Desktop Chrome Browser.
- In Chrome, at the upper right corner, you will find the extension with an Android symbol.
- Now, go to Google Play and search the application you want to download.
- Then, get the package name from the URL. For example, package name may be like com.publishername.nameoftheapp and copy that package name from the URL.
- Open Appsofto APK Downloader. Paste the package name in the box.
- Hit the Download APK button and application will start downloading.
- Sideload the app to your phone and install it.
Download APK file from third-party App stores or websites
If you download apps not regularly, then it will be better to use a website apart from using an extension. There are websites available where you can directly download apps by searching with the app name or package name.
- Go to Google play store and find the app you want to download.
- Copy the URL address of the app.
- Go to Evozi APK Downloader website. On that page, the search box will be there. Paste the Google play URL on that box.
- Hit the button to generate a Download link and then download the app by clicking on that generated link.
One more website apkmirror.com can help you to easily download your desired applications. Just follow the following instructions given below.
- Search the app’s name which you want to download.
- Application page will open and at the bottom of that page, download button of the app is there.
- Hit the button and application will start to download and save the apk file to your computer.
Aptoide App Store
Aptoide is another community driven App store similar to the Google Play, where you can find latest and updated applications. They are so many apps available in Aptoide whose update does not come in some countries but they can download that updated applications from Aptoide. If want to know more about Aptoide, click here.
How to extract an APK file from your Android Device?
- Install a file manager like ES file manager.
- Hit Apps category on the home screen.
- Now, select all the app that you want APK files of.
- Hit backup and wait for the procedure to complete. (You can also directly share the apps.)
- Go to the Backup folder and under apps, you will find your APK files.
- You can then transfer or share them.
How to manually install an app on your Android device?
- In your device, go to Settings>Security then enable Unknown sources to transfer APK file from PC.
- Now, connect your PC and device through USB cable and your device will appear like USB storage drive.
- Transfer APK file in a particular folder in your device.
- After disconnecting your device from PC, open the folder where you transferred and then tap on that APK file and it will request your permissions and install it to your device.
This is all you will need for downloading APK files and keeping your Android device updated. Like and share us on social media. If you need any help, then comment down below.