Table of Contents
- Download Android Wear August & July 5, 2016, OTA update
- What’s new with Android Wear July 5, 2016, M1D63G OTA update ?
- Android Wear August 2016 security patch details:
- How to update Android Wear with to August or July 2016 security patch level?
Android Wear devices and gadgets are now being updated to the new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow version with August and July 2016 security patch level. Many smartwatch users have reported receiving this new AOSP source over-the-air. Though not all the devices reported receiving the OTA with the same firmware build number, these OTA updates will definitely get your device upgraded to new July 5, 2016. Google is now pushing the firmware build version M1D63G to Android Wear devices like Sony smartwatch 3, Moto 360 (sport), LG G watch, Lg watch Urbane, and the LG watch R. Moreover, the Huawei watch has been reported receiving the newer August 2016 security patch level. So more and more Android wear device may soon receive the August OTA update. These two official builds bring some bug fixes and security patches. So head over to the download section in order to download the August 2016 and July 5, 2016, OTA and flash it manually using the instructions below. However, these are still based on the Android Wear version 1.5 with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and not the newer Android 7.0 Nougat that Google will soon release this month.
Download Android Wear August & July 5, 2016, OTA update
July OTA for Sony SmartWatch 3 M1D63G
OTA for Huawei Watch M6E698 August 2016
- Huawei Watch M6E698 Update → Download | 50.94 MB
OTA for Moto 360 Previous
- Moto 360 OTA Update → Download link
OTA for LG G Watch M1D63H
OTA for LG Watch Urbane M1D63G
OTA for LG Watch R
- LG G Watch R Update → coming soon…
TWRP for LG watch R Download link
OTA for Asus Zenwatch 2 & 1
- Asus Zenwatch OTA Update → Download link
You may also like:
- Install Android Wear 1.5 Marshmallow OTA Update For Smart Watches
- How to Install a Custom ROM on Android Wear? Root and Install TWRP
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA Updates for all Android smart watches.
- Download Android Wear 2.0 Preview For your smart watch.
What’s new with Android Wear July 5, 2016, M1D63G OTA update ?
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based M1D63G Update
- July 5, 2016, security patch level
- security and stability improvements
- GPS fixed
- better battery life
- Fixed Bluetooth connectivity
- Automatic Wi-Fi can now be turned off
- Magnification Gestures under Accessibility
- Triple tap to zoom
Android Wear August 2016 security patch details:
For Original LG watch Urbane
Android Wear 18.104.22.16844569
Security patch 5 July 2016
How to update Android Wear with to August or July 2016 security patch level?
We have a detailed tutorial on how to install OTA updates on Android Wear. The manual update method is same for all Android wears and is official. Hence, grab the OTA from the download section and head over to this tutorial: How to install Android Wear Marshmallow OTA on Asus ZenWatch? If you find it helpful, then please like, share, and follow Android Sage on social media. For queries, comment down below.