YU, the Indian manufacturer has initiated the deployment of the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for many of it devices. Under the new Project Highway, YU has released an open source OS for almost all of its devices like YU Yureka and Yureka Plus, YU Yuphoria, Yunique, etc. This is an official Beta OS for Yu devices and has been targeted towards developers, contributors, and testers for reviews and bug reports. Hence, the Marshmallow OS may not be a daily driver and comes in the form of fastboot images and require you to install Google apps separately. This official Beta Android 6.0.1 YU-OPEN-OS is now available in the yuplaygod repository and the open source nightly builds are available for Yureka codename: tomato, Yuphoria codename: lettuce and Yunique codename: jalebi for now. The CM 13.1 for Yutopia is yet to be released. So stay tuned for more updates. Check out the screenshot from below. UPDATE: The latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based YU Open OS ROMS are now available for a range of YU devices including YU Yutopia, Yureka, Yuphoria, and Yunique.
Download YU Open OS Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROMS
- All firmware files below.
- All YU Open OS ROMS link below.
- All YU Open OS ROMS link below.
- Check out latest files from below link.
- YU YUREKA Marshmallow ROM → Download | File: yufastboot-images-tomato-160518.tar.gz
- YU YUPHORIA Marshmallow ROM → Download | File: yufastboot-images-lettuce-160518.tar.gz
- YU YUNIQUE Marshmallow ROM → Download | File: yu-images-jalebi-160523.tar.gz
- YU YUTOPIA Marshmallow ROM → Download | File: listed above
- Download Gapps Installer Android app → Download | File: Google installer_1.0.apk
- Google apps from Open Gapps → Download | File: open_gapps-arm64-6.0-mini-20160522.zip
Warning: This is not a stable Marshmallow ROM and hence, instability and bugs should be expected. It requires some ADB and Fastboot knowledge. Unlocked bootloader is required. hence, your warranty may be void. We won’t be responsible. Reader’s discretion is advised.
How to Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow YU Open OS ROM on Yureka, Yuphoria, Yunique, Yutopia via Fastboot Images?
1. Verify your device for compatibility. The listed firmware is compatible with YU devices only.
2. Unlocked Bootloader is recommended as it requires flashing boot and recovery images. Get here to know how to unlock the bootloader and then follow the instructions below.
3. Enable USB Debugging on your device. To do so, go to Settings>About Phone> Tap on the Build Number several times until you get a new Developer Options in theSettings. Open Developer Options and enable USB Debugging from there. Trust the connection by allowing it when you connect it to your PC for the first time.
4. Now go to Settings>Developer Options and Enable OEM Unlock. (For Marshmallow and new devices)
Step 1: Download the Fastboot image file for your Android device. Extract the file to get the boot, recovery, system images. Place the file on your PC where you can easily locate it.
Step 2: Make sure that you setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC(Files in the Prerequisites). Trust the connection by checking “Always allow from this computer” when you plug in the Android device to your PC for the first time.
Step 3: Now keep the device plugged in and open a command prompt or terminal on your PC where the Remix OS files are extracted. You can simply click the address/location bar in Windows and type “cmd”. Alternatively, hold the shift key on the keyboard and right-click on an empty space and select “Open command window here” option to launch a cmd window.
Step 4: Boot your Android device into the bootloader or Fastboot mode. To do so, issue the following command through cmd or terminal. You can also manually boot into it using the hard key combination like Power+Volume Down while the device is turned off. Meanwhile, use code:
Step 5: Once into fastboot mode, issue the following command in the command prompt to check your device connectivity. In place of device code input: -i 0x2A96 for Yuphoria, -i 0x1ebf for Yureka, etc.
fastboot <device code> devices
Step 6: Now issue the following command to Format User data on your device.
fastboot -i 0x1ebf format userdata
Note: Make sure you input your device code. So for Yuphoria use code: fastboot -i 0x1ebf format userdata
Step 7: Now reboot your device once and boot back into the Bootloader in order to flash the modified boot image.
fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash boot boot.img fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery recovery.img fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash system system.img fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash userdata userdata.img
Step 9: Now Clean the existing data and reboot. Issue the following command for that.
fastboot -i 0x1ebf reboot
Step 10: Wait until the recovery gets installed. You may also Relock the bootloader. However, it is not recommended.
fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem lock
Once the installation completes, you can now enjoy your new firmware. Alternatively, while, on Mac OS, you can issue commands like “./fastboot <product code> flash recovery recovery.img” etc. or on Linux type “sudo fastboot <product code> flash recovery recovery.img” etc. to flash the fastboot image files. Same goes for modified boot image and system files.
Source: YU developer page