Samsung has pleasantly surprised its users by releasing the highly anticipated One UI 6 beta program for the Galaxy S21 series. This beta program brings the latest Android 14 update along with a host of new features and improvements. The beta program is currently available for the Galaxy S21, S21 Plus, and S21 Ultra models, giving users a sneak peek into what’s to come.
On the other hand, Google also released stable Android 14 for the Pixel lineup with tons of new features. Samsung has implemented these features from the stable version in the latest One UI 6 Beta 6 for the Galaxy S23 series with October 2023 security patch updates.
The One UI beta available for the Galaxy S21 series will also include these features.
The beta is currently available in South Korea and the United States from various carriers including Verizon, T-Mobile, and even Unlocked variants. Here is how to download One UI 6 in the United States, South Korea, and soon-to-be in Germany and India. Register your device to download the OTA.
Samsung Newsroom published an article last month detailing everything about the upcoming One UI 6 firmware upgrade. However, the article was soon taken down. Seems like the article was published by mistake before the embargo was lifted.
Here’s a rundown of the new features
- Revamped Quick Settings Panel
- Brightness control easily accessible
- New button layout
- Notifications panel easily accessible
- New emojis
- New default font
- Tons of notification changes/improvements
- New notification layout
- Sort notifications by time
- New custom camera widget
- More personalization options for lock screen
- Improved album art display
One UI 6 Beta Program: What to Expect
The One UI 6 beta program showcases the next iteration of Samsung’s custom firmware, built upon Google’s Android 14 framework. This beta release introduces a variety of exciting changes and enhancements for Galaxy S21 owners to explore.
Revamped Quick Settings Panel
One of the standout features of the One UI 6 beta is the revamped Quick Settings panel. It now offers a more user-friendly experience with easily accessible brightness controls, a new button layout, and improved access to the notifications panel. These changes make it even easier for users to customize and access their most frequently used features.
New Emojis and Default Font
Expressing oneself through emojis will become even more enjoyable with the introduction of new emoji designs. The One UI 6 beta updates the existing emojis to feature a fresh new design, adding a touch of modernity and creativity to conversations. Additionally, Android 14 introduces a new default font, giving the device a more stylish and modern feel.
Notifications have received significant improvements in One UI 6. The new notification layout provides a seamless and organized way to manage incoming notifications. Users now have the option to sort notifications by time, allowing for a more organized and efficient workflow. These enhancements make staying updated and managing notifications a breeze.
Improved Camera Widget and Lock Screen Personalization
Photography enthusiasts will appreciate the new custom camera widget introduced in One UI 6. This widget allows users to specify the storage location for certain photos in advance, offering more control and convenience. Furthermore, the beta release provides users with enhanced personalization options for the lock screen, enabling them to customize their device according to their preferences and individual style.
One UI 6 Beta Availability for Other Galaxy Devices
The One UI 6 update won’t be limited to the Galaxy S21 series. Samsung has also released a list of devices set to receive the One UI 6 update in due course. The list includes popular devices like the Galaxy S22 series, Galaxy S21 FE, Galaxy Z Fold series, Galaxy Tab series, and more. This means that a wide range of Samsung users can look forward to enjoying the exciting new features and improvements brought by One UI 6 and Android 14.
List of Samsung Galaxy devices to receive One UI 6 update
- Galaxy S23, S23+, S23 Ultra
- Galaxy S22, S22+, S22 Ultra
- Galaxy S21, S21+, and S21 Ultra
- Galaxy S21 FE
- Galaxy Z Fold 5, Galaxy Z Flip 5
- Galaxy Z Fold 4, Galaxy Z Flip 4
- Galaxy Z Fold 3, Galaxy Z Flip 3
- Galaxy Z Fold 2 and Galaxy Z Flip 5G
- Galaxy Tab S9, S9 Ultra
- Galaxy Tab S8, S8+, S8 Ultra
- Galaxy Tab S7, S7+
How to Join the One UI 6 Beta Program
If you own a Galaxy S21, S21 Plus, or S21 Ultra and want to experience the latest features of One UI 6 along with Android 14, you can join the beta program. Here’s how to register:
- Download the latest Samsung members app update from Play Store. Or download a standalone APK.
- Launch the app.
- Head over to the notice section and you should see a new One UI Beta Program link.
- Once you enroll into the beta program, head over to settings > system updates > download OTA updates.
Alternatively, you can directly go to the download links below and skip the Samsung Members part!
Download One UI 6 Beta OTA Update Zips
While the easiest way to get One UI 6.0 beta program is via Samsung Members app, there are more ways to get the OneUI 6OTA update unofficially.
Like every year, we will list the OneUI OTA download links alongside the direct enrollment links for your Galaxy devices. Once you click the enrollment link, it should immediately get you into the beta program.
Thanks to the Samsung community for capturing the OTA update zips.
Global version (link update)
G991B Beta 1
G996B Beta 1
G988B Beta 1
US version (link update)
G991U Beta 1
G996U Beta 1
G998U Beta 1
Note: Rename [file].bin to [file].zip and paste it into the adb folder. Then install using this tutorial via ADB. Installation: How to install OTA updates on any Android device?
How to install One UI 6 OTA update zip onto Samsung Galaxy devices?
Note: Rename [file].bin to [file].zip and paste it into the adb folder. Then install using this tutorial via ADB.
#1. ADB Method Installation: How to install OTA updates on any Android device?
#2. SD-card method:
- Download the bin file and rename it to update.zip (by going to file options on your pc you can select to view the file extensions. This makes the renaming process much easier and safer, and avoids renaming the file to update.zip)
- Copy it to the root directory of your SDcard. Meaning, outside every folder.
- Power off your phone.
- Take a USB cable and connect it to any USB device like you PC, even AKG earphones could work.
- Then press Power+volume up buttons to get into recovery mode.
- Using your volume keys navigate to “update via sdcard” and press power button to select it.
- Again using volume keys navigate to the file “update.zip” and press power button to select it.
- Update will start.
- Complete installation will take some time.
- Phone will reboot by itself.
#3. Locally with Alliance Shield (no PC needed):
- Download the needed firmware and the Alliance Shield X app (PlayStore).
- Open the Alliance Shield X App and complete setup (Account creation and Knox permissions)
- Rename the downloaded Firmware-File to “Update.zip” (without Quotes) and move it to the root storage directory (/storage/emulated/0)
- Open the “App Manager” inside the Alliance Shield.
- Search for “Software Update” and select the option with the purple/white Icon.
- Go to the activities and search for “com.idm.fotaagent.enabler.ui.admin.main.AdminMainActivity”
- Select the Option and open it
- Press on sideload and select the Update-File
- Wait for the installation to complete…
#3. Force download One UI 6 beta on a US carrier Samsung Galaxy variants
This is for the carrier-locked Galaxy devices that want to get the One UI 5 beta OTA download notification. T-Mobile just released the One UI 5 update.
- Removed Sim
- Open dialer
- *#272 *imei#
- Select vzw (or tmb)
- Install “sales&network code change”
- Phone restarts and the latest Android 13 update will be downloaded and installed.
- After restart android 13 will be automatically downloaded.
- Put Sim back