Earlier this year, Google IO 2021 live stream unveiled Android 12 for the Google Pixel devices. Now that Android 12 has been publicly released, most third-party OEMs are also stepping up and releasing their own instance of Android 12 firmware update. For OnePlus, it’s OxygenOS 12 for their latest flagship phones OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro. Download stable Oxygen OS 12 for OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro based on Android 12.
Today, OnePlus rolled out its first-ever Oxygen OS 12 stable version to the public. After a long Android 12 beta program, the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro finally received a stable version.
It features all the Android 12 goodies like the new wallpaper-based theme engine, Privacy dashboard, Material You design, along with the latest Oxygen OS 12 firmware changes and updated OnePlus apps. Check out the complete changelog below.
Furthermore, OnePlus is also reported to have rolled out Color OS 12 for the Chinese variants of OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro; instead of the Oxygen OS 12. So you may not get the Color OS skin in the upcoming updates. Stay tuned for ColorOS 12!
OxygenOS 12 Features and Changelog
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health stats
- Work-Life Balance
- Work-Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
Download Android 12 OxygenOS 12 for OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro
Here you can download and install Android 12 DP 2 for OnePlus 9 series smartphones. The full stock firmware zips are available for the Indian and North American variants. Stay tuned for EU variants.
- These instructions are only for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro international variants.
- Carrier version devices (TMO/VZW) aren’t compatible with the Developer Preview builds.
Download Oxygen OS 12 for OnePlus 9
Download Oxygen OS 12 for OnePlus 9 Pro
Want to go back to Android 11? Download the Rollback package from the links below.
Downgrade to Android 11 via OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro rollback package
How to install Oxygen OS 12 for OnePlus 9 series?
MP version – Stable official version
DP version – Developer Preview version
OBT Version – Open Beta version
MP and OBT to DP upgrade guide—via Local OTA Update
Note: This upgrade method will erase all the contents of the phone, please be sure to backup first.
- Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package from the specified server.
- Copy the ROM upgrade package to the phone storage.
- Go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
- Update successful.