Samsung Galaxy S10 and Note 10 series are already running Android 11 based on Samsung’s popular OneUI 3.0 firmware update. The devices are set to receive Android 12, but that may take another year to roll out officially. Meanwhile, the LineageOS ROM dev team has brought official support for LineageOS 18.1 ROM for the Exynos variants of Galaxy S10E, S10, S10+, Note 10, and Note 10 Plus.
LineageOS 18.1 brings the likes of vanilla Android 11 experience and a clean user interface throughout. LineageOS ROM is for users who prefer a clean UX with little to no bloatware! Moreover, the ROM comes with official support. This guarantees the stability of the software (or operating system) you run on your Samsung Galaxy devices. Meaning, all the things should be working fine including network, audio, camera, and more.
The Lineage OS wiki page lists official support for Galaxy Note10 – d1, Galaxy Note10+ – d2s, Galaxy Note10+ 5G – d2x, Galaxy S10 – beyond1lte, Galaxy S10 5G – beyond, Galaxy S10+ – beyond2lte, and Galaxy S10e – beyond0lte. However, the downloads are live for the Galaxy Note 10 series only. Stay tuned for more!
Download LineageOS 18.1 ROM for Samsung Galaxy S10E, S10, S10+, Note 10, and 10+
Note that this is only for the international Exynos variants and not for the Snapdragon variants found in the United States. Download the ROMs from the developer’s official site.
Galaxy S10 Series
- LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy S10E (Exynos) | Download ROM
- LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy S10 (Exynos) | Download ROM
- LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy S10+ (Exynos) | Download ROM
Note 10 Series
- LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy Note 10 (Exynos) | Download ROM
- LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy Note 10+ (Exynos) | Download ROM
How to install LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy S10 and Note 10 Series?
As we know, Samsung Galaxy S and Note devices are offered in two different processor variants around the world. In the US, Canada, and China, you are supposed to receive the Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset. Most other regions receive devices with the Exynos chip. This ROM is only compatible with Exynos variants as the bootloader unlocking is available.
- Enable OEM unlocking in developer’s settings on your device.
- Make sure you have the latest official TWRP installed on your phone.
- Take a full backup of your internal storage as we have to format the device in the process.
- Download the Project Sakura Rom from above.
- Download latest Magisk for root.
- After Downloading ROM and Magisk, move both into your phone storage.
- Make Sure you have fully charged your device.
Steps To Install:
- Reboot your phone into TWRP recovery mode.
- Take a full Nandroid backup from TWRP.
- Go To Wipe > select Advance Wipe > check Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Data. Swipe to wipe your data and cache.
- Go back to the main screen and select the Install option.
- Select the ROM zip file from your phone storage.
- After selecting the ROM zip file, swipe to confirm flash.
- Wait for the installation to over.
- Reboot the device. The first boot might take up to 15-20 min.
- After some time you will see a welcome screen from the ROM.
Setup your device and you have completed the installation. If you don’t mind the bugs mentioned above, you can give this ROM a try. Share your thoughts in the comment section below.