Back in 2018, Xiaomi came out with a brand new smartphone with the Poco F1. The phone has been consistently receiving OTA updates ever since. It was a great flagship killer back then and still holds up pretty well even after over 2 years of its existence. Continuing the legacy of of the Poco brand, the F1 is now receiving a new MIUI 184.108.40.206 OTA update.
Today, Xiaomi rolled out MIUI 12.0.3 update for the Poco F1. While other Xiaomi phone got a lot of new things in the MIUI 12 update, including the latest Android 11 for the Poco F2 Pro, there are no major changes for the Poco F1 this time. It is mere a December 2020 security patch update. Not much is know as of now.
The latest MIUI 12.0.3 OTA is still based on Android 10. There are no reports of the device receiving Android 11.
Here are some details about this update including the download links:
|Phone:||Xiaomi Poco F1 or Pocophone|
|OTA Update Size:||363MB|
|Changelog:||December 2020 Security Patch|
|Recovery ROM||Download full OTA|
|Incremental OTA from MIUI 220.127.116.11||Download OTA|
Xiaomi has started rolling out this update in all regions. You can check for this update by going into Settings->About Phone-> Tap on MIUI Version. If you haven’t got an OTA update, you can either wait or you can install the update manually.
How to download and install MIUI 12.0.3 for Xiaomi Poco F1
- Download the MIUI 12.0.3 update zip file on your Poco F1 from above.
- Go to File Manager.
- Now create a new folder named downloaded_rom in the root directory.
- Move the Zip file to the downloaded_rom folder.
- Now go to Setting->About Phone and Tap on the MIUI logo, and from the 3-button menu, tap on Choose Update Package.
- Select the downloaded Zip file, follow the on-screen instructions, and it will start installing the update.
As for the incremental OTA update, can be installed via stock recovery method or ADB sideload method. After the process is done, Poco F1 should reboot into MIUI 12.0.3 update without any hassle.