The last T-series phone from OnePlus called the 8T launched with Android 11 out of the box with the latest OxygenOS 11 firmware update. It recently received an OTA update with build OxygenOS 220.127.116.11 with several new features and bug fixes. However, that update was soon put on hold because it introduced more bugs than it fixed. A couple of days ago, the manufacturer released a new OxygenOS 18.104.22.168 for the (IN & NA) variants and OOS 22.214.171.124 for the (EU) variants of OnePlus 8T
Oxygen OS 126.96.36.199 still features the older Android security patch level from November 2020. As this is a HotFix update, it is expected to bring the same changelog as the older build. As for the system improvements, the OTA optimized full-screen gestures, improved fingerprint unlock speed and success rate. Most importantly, it fixed the the issue where the media player or videos may pause abnormally. Others are general bug fixes and optimizations. Checkout the entire changelog below.
OxygenOS 188.8.131.52/184.108.40.206 for the OnePlus 8T
Oxygen OS 220.127.116.11 is rolling out for all the variants including Indian, Global (US), and EU. The build number remains the same as follows:
- IN: 18.104.22.168.KB05DA
- EU: 22.214.171.124.KB05BA
- NA: 126.96.36.199.KB05AA
Complete changelog below:
- Optimized the experience of full-screen gestures
- Increased fingerprint unlock success rates for faster unlock speed
- Newly added keyboard height adjustment where you can raise or hide the bottom shortcut bar for a better input experience (Go to Settings-System-Language & input-Keyboard height adjustment)
- Fixed the issue that the media player may pause abnormally
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.11
- Optimized the image quality on nightscape
- Fixed a small probability issue that photos don’t display in the Gallery
- Fixed the issue that the WiFi connection failed in a specific situation
- Improved the stability of communication
- OnePlus Store (—IN only)
- An intuitive and convenient way to manage your OnePlus account, get easy-to-access support, discover exciting members-only benefits, and shop for OnePlus products. (Please note that it can be uninstalled)
If your device is on the stable channel, you can install the new OTA from settings > system updates. Alternatively, you can download the full OTA or incremental OTA and apply it on your device easily. The OTA download links come directly from the manufacturer’s servers and weigh ~3 GB in size.
- Full OTA (coming soon…)
Notes and installation instructions
The installation should be the same as any other OnePlus upgrade via Local Upgrade method. The following tutorial should also help into updating your OnePlus 8T.
- Download Oxygen OS 11 ROM package zip
- Transfer the ROM to the phone storage
- Go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart