OnePlus launched their latest and fastest flagship phones last week named Oneplus 8 and 8 Pro. Both the phones are premium smartphones and feature Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 865 processors and Adreno 650 GPU supported by up to 12 GB of LPDDR5 RAM as well. The phones also offer one of a kind 120 Hz high refresh rate displays and 240 Hz touch sampling rate. Some of the main features of the displays include 10 Bit colors, HDR 10+ support, punch-hole camera, and MEMC support as well. Both the phones are 5G ready and only the OnePlus 8 Pro has an IP68 rating, wireless charging and reverse wireless charging. The most intriguing part of the OnePlus 8 series is the latest Oxygen OS 10.5 firmware which just got updated to Oxygen OS 10.5.4 today.
The OnePlus 8 series phones run on latest Android 10 update based on Oxygen OS 10.5 out of the box. The Oxygen OS 10.5 is the latest firmware version found on OnePlus phones.Thus, the phones come with some exclusive features like real time wallpapers, live caption, smart albums, smart reply, support for Alexa and Stadia and much more. Though some of the features may be found in the previous generations, but OnePlus 8 have some exclusives. Moreover, the latest update features even more.
The latest Oxygen OS 10.5.4 fixes a lot of bugs and added a lot of new and exciting features to its 2020 flagship phones. The Oneplus 8 series ships with March 2020 security patch out of the box. While this new update doesn’t give the April 2020 security level, the patch should be on its way. The new update adds Live caption, improved support of Oneplus’s newly launched bullets Wireless Z and more. The full changelog for Oxygen OS 10.5.4 is right below. Also, download the latest Oxygen OS 10.5.4 OTA update for Oneplus 8/8 Pro from below.
What’s new with Oxygen OS 10.5.4 for OnePlus 8 series?
- Improved system stability
- Improved icon display in the status bar
- Improved back gesture experience
- OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z can now be integrated with Dolby Atmos for better sound quality
- Added double-tap feature to wake up lock screen in ambient display mode or off-screen condition
- Added OnePlus Tips & Support section in Settings. Check out all the new features and answers to common issues here
- Added Live Caption, this will detect speech in media and automatically generate captions [To enable: Settings-System-Accessibility-Live Caption]
- Update Android Security Patch to 2020.03
- Updated GMS package to 2020.02
- Optimized the camera’s shooting experience and improved stability
- Optimized the animation effect and improved interaction experience
- An added video filter feature
- Fingerprint Unlock
- Optimized the fingerprint unlock experience when unlocking the device
- Phone updates
- Added contact notes info for incoming calls
- Network updates
- Optimized network data transmission performance and stability
- Voice Assistant updates
- Now you can wake up voice assistant of your choice just by long-pressing the power button [To enable: Settings-Buttons & gestures-Press and hold the power button-Choose the app you want to activate]
Oxygen OS 10.5 features from OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro
The OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro features the latest Oxygen OS 10.5+ firmware update out of the box.
Here is a list of features from the Oxygen OS 10.5 from the OnePlus 8 series:
- Live Wallpapers or Real-Time Wallpapers
- Live Captions
- Dual-channel network acceleration with 5G
- Improved gesture navigation
- Dark Theme
- Dual-channel network acceleration with 5G
- Smart Albums
- Smart SMS Reply
- Work-Life Balance
1. Live or Real-Time Wallpapers
Live Wallpapers now connect to the OnePlus Weather app, subtly changing hues according to real-time weather conditions, bringing your smartphone experience closer to the environment around you.
2. Live Captions
Live Caption detects speech in media and automatically generates captions. It’s effortless and handy for accessibility. What’s more, if you want to watch the video in a noisy place or the elevator, etc., then Live Caption could be the feature that can help you keep track of the dialogues, rather than increasing your phone’s volume to avoid embarrassment in crowded places.
3. Dual-channel network acceleration with 5G
Dual-channel network acceleration speeds up your downloads through the simultaneous support of WLAN and mobile networks. Also, with new Smart 5G technology, your device can automatically switch between 5G and non-5G networks to prolong battery life and keep you connected.
Navigation made easy. Experience an immersive full-screen display thanks to intuitive gestures that let you navigate with ease.
5. Dark Theme
Now compatible with a wide range of third-party apps to help maintain a consistent viewing experience, Dark Theme keeps your eyes comfortable in low light and even helps prolong battery life.
6. Advanced Customization options
Ditch the norm for something that’s more you. Deeper customization options and a variety of themes let you personalize your phone to better reflect your style.
7. Smart Albums
Find photos in a flash, swiftly backup files, and keep it all secure with the improved OxygenOS Gallery. Smart Albums help you search through photos and videos with ease while OnePlus Cloud Gallery ensures your favorite memories remain backed up and secure.
8. Smart SMS
Messages can now be instantly sorted and easy to locate, thanks to Smart SMS. Automatically categorize your messages according to transactional, promotional, and OTPs and, with quick actions, manage your inbox with ease, simplifying the way you SMS.
9. Work Life Balance
Organize and achieve the perfect work-life balance with OxygenOS. “Work mode” and “Life mode” allow you to prioritize select notifications based on your location, time, or Wi-Fi network.Easily toggle between modes to take control of your time.
Download the latest OTA Update for Oneplus 8/8 Pro – Oxygen OS 10.5.4
Users can check for the update in their phones and if they haven’t got the update yet. They can download from the links below and sideload it. It is a very easy process and does not harm the smartphone in any way.
You can download the OTA updates, by simply going to Settings app > System Updates > Check for OTA updates. It will automatically download and install the updates, if available.
Before you download, checkout the various OnePlus 8
- Packages with build number IN21DA are intended for Indian variants
- Packages with build number IN21AA and letter O in filename are intended for Global variants
- Packages with build number IN21BA are intended for IN2013: EU European variants
Before you download, checkout the various OnePlus 8 Pro
- Packages with build number IN11DA are intended for Indian device variants
- Packages with build number IN11AA and letter O in filename are intended for Global variants
- Packages with build number IN11BA are intended for IN2023: EU European variants
Downloads for OnePlus 8
- OnePlus 8 Oxygen OS 10.5.4 | OTA downloads (coming soon…)
- Oxygen OS 10.5.1 IN21BA Europe 10.5.2: OnePlus8Oxygen | Mirror
Downloads for OnePlus 8 Pro
How to Update OnePlus 8/8 Pro to latest Oxygen OS firmware?
Local Upgrade: This requires the full stock firmware update zips. It is the easiest way to update any OnePlus device. You can switch between Open Beta firmware or Stable channel easily. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any data. However, backup is very important.
- Download the latest available OOS full stock firmware zip from above.
- Get the full firmware package from above for the OnePlus device and transfer the ROM file to the internal storage or phone storage. Place the zip file outside every folder.
- Now go to Settings app > visit System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- The Local Upgrade option will search for an upgrade package.