Almost every smartphone manufacturer is rolling out the latest Android 11 firmware update as fast as possible. Asus is no far behind. Back in August, Asus launched a limited beta program for the Zenfone 6 featuring Android 11; giving the user a flavor of their latest ZenUI from Asus on a year-old flagship. Fast forward to today, Asus just rolled out the first stable Android 11 firmware update for Asus ZenFone 6 or 6z.
After nearly 3 months of beta testing, here is the stable OTA update for the Zenfone 6. The device has different names in different regions It goes by Zenfone 6z, Zenfone 6 (2019), or just the Asus 6z. The OTA is reportedly live in Asia (Taiwan) and the United States from T-Mobile carrier. It comes to the Zenfone 6 (2019) with model number ZS630KL. While the global variant features build WW_18.0610.2011.107, the US variants comes with software version ZS630KL_US_18.0610.2011.107 (Android 11).
What’s new with Android 11 for Asus Zenfone 6?
According to Zentalk US, Asus’ official community, here are all the changes that comes with Android 11. Users who have updated their devices also report that the T-Mobile variant finally enabled VoLTE. You can check out all the information below:
- Upgraded system to Android 11
- Please back up your data before upgrading to Android 11. If you need to go back Android 10,please refer to the official website that remeber it will erase all data from your device.
- Some 3rd party apps are not compatible with Android 11.
- Removed Private Listening, ZenUI Help, and one hand mode
- Integrated PowerMaster features into Battery Settings. Removed Avast scanning engine.
- Removed Smart group, Icon alignment and Icon packs functions in Launcher. Allowed to organize app icons across screens after tapping empty area
- Implement new ZenUI design and features
- Improvement of the Quick Settings panel design, and support media control. Removed Multi-window tile and added Nearby Share tile (Need to add manually)
- “Auto-download and install via Wi-Fi” is always on in System when upgraded.
- Support navigation gestures for 3rd-party launcher.
Download and Install Android 11 for Azus Zenfone 6/6z
The update may take some time to cover all regions. However, here is a manual way you can install Android 11 on your Zenfone 6.
The easiest way to get the OTA update is by going to Setting -> System Update -> Tap on Update Now if the OTA is available. Alternatively, get the full OTA from below and manually update it.
Note: The following Android 11 OTA update zip is for Zenfone 6 (ZS630KL) variant.
- Make sure your device is running the latest Android 10 update with build
A10 - WW_17.1810.2011.183.
- Download Android 11 firmware (WW_18.0610.2011.107) for Asus Zenfone 6. (direct link)
- Put the downloaded zip file in the root directory of the phone’s internal storage.
- Restart your device and check for the firmware update notification.
- Tap on “System update file detected” and follow the onscreen instructions to update the firmware.
After the process is finished, your Asus Zenfone 6 will boot into Android 11 without any hassle.