A couple of month ago, Xiaomi added a new smartphone to the Poco lineup called Poco X3 NFC. Some of the key highlights of the Poco X3 phone are NFC support, 120 Hz screen refresh rate display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G processor, and 64MP quad camera setup. Furthermore, the device launched with Android 10 with latest MIUI 12 firmware. Today, the manufacturer rolled out new MIUI 220.127.116.11 OTA update for Poco X3 NFC global variant.
Latest MIUI 18.104.22.168 OTA is a small incremental update with just a security patch bump. It brings the phone’s Android security patch level to November 2020. That’s all there is to the update. As per reports, the Poco X3 will also receive Android 11 based on MIUI 12/13. But it may a few months before we see any updates. So stay tuned!
Download Poco X3 Latest MIUI 22.214.171.124 OTA update
While the incremental OTA weighs just 332 MB in size, the full OTA comes in a package of around 2 GB. You can either download it from settings > system updates > check for OTA updates. Or download the recovery ROM from below and install using local upgrade method manually.
- MIUI 126.96.36.199 for Poco X3 NFC | Full Recovery ROM download (direct link)
- Poco X3 NFC incremental OTA | Apply for MIUI V188.8.131.52 to MIUI 184.108.40.206 (direct link)
How to update Xiaomi Poco X3 to latest MIUI 12 firmware?
- Make sure your device is on the latest stable ROM.
- Download the MIUI 12 Android 10 OTA update zip from above.
- Transfer it to phone storage in the root directory. Meaning, not in any folder. If that doesn’t work, place the file in the folder ‘download_rom’.
- Launch the updater app on your Xioami Poco X3 device. Or go to settings > about phone > system updates.
- Click on three dots on the top right corner and choose the ROM package.
- Select the Android OTA zip you have downloaded. It will decrypt and update your Pocophone.
Note: If you don’t see the upgrade option, tap on the MIUI icon several times. Then try again. Don’t stop the update once started. If stopped, you will need to do the operation again right from downloading the firmware file again. This will not erase any data in your phone.
Thanks to Muhammad Zohaib on Facebook for the screenshot.