OnePlus Nord is now receiving a new OTA update right now with Oxygen OS 10.5.9 firmware build number. This is the mid-range phone’s third OTA update after the launch. At launch, the Nord features Oxygen OS 10.5 based on Android 10 out of the box; taking it at the same software version as the OnePlus 8 series flagship phones. OnePlus has also guaranteed 3 years of Android OS upgrades for the Nord device and will definitely receive Oxygen OS 11 based on Android 11. Meanwhile, download and install the latest Oxygen OS 10.5.9 OTA update for the Nord.
Oxygen OS 10.5.9 OTA update for OnePlus Nord is a mere security bump taking it to October 2020 security patch level. It also improved system stability and brings general bug fixes. The Game space gets a huge upgrade that you can read all about in the changelog below. It also improved the Bluetooth and Network stability on the device.
The previous OTA update, on the other hand, featured an option to “Hide silent notifications in status bar”. This will filter unimportant notifications for better app notification management. You can access this option from Settings>Apps & Notifications> Notifications> Advanced> Hide silent notifications in the status bar.
Here is the complete changelog:
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.10
- Improved system stability and general bug fixes
- Game space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only heads up and block just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Whatsapp and INS (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click, and the notification bar will pop out.
- Improved Bluetooth connection stability
- Improved network stability
Previous update log from Oxygen OS 10.5.9:
- Newly added “Hide silent notifications in status bar” feature to filter unimportant notifications, making the app notification management easier (Route: Settings>Apps & Notifications> Notifications> Advanced> Hide silent notifications in the status bar)
- Optimized the expanded screenshot user experience for some scenes
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Updated Android security Patch to 2020.09
- Optimized image stabilization performance
- Improved general display calibration
- Optimize the network stability
The OTA updates are now available for download for all regions. There are two types of OTA listed below. The full OTA can be used to update the phone using the local upgrade method. The second is incremental OTA from the previous OOS 10.5.8 to OOS 10.5.9 which can be installed using this tutorial.
How to update OnePlus Nord?
- Download OxygenOS full OTA update zip or ROM from download section.
- Transfer the OTA package to the phone storage. (Do not put it inside any folder)
- Go to Settings
- System Updates
- Click on the gear icon on the top right corner of the screen
- choose Local upgrade
- Click on the corresponding installation package
- Choose Upgrade
- System upgrade will proceed
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.