Following Google’s stable Android 11 release for the Pixel lineup, many smartphone manufacturers either announced or released their first beta for certain Android devices. These include smartphones from OnePlus with Oxygen OS 11, Xiaomi, OPPO, Realme, and Samsung with their One UI 3.0 firmware. While we already had the Oxygen OS 11 Open Beta 1 based on Android 11, here is the second beta which is highly recommended if your OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro are running the beta channel.
Oxygen OS 11 features all the Android 11 goodies including powerful device controls and easier ways to manage conversations and your privacy. Some of the new features include improved device & media controls, manage your conversations in one place, built-in screen recording, more privacy controls.
On top of the beta 1, the latest Oxygen OS 11 beta 2 features the following changelog:
Oxygen OS 11 Beta 2 features and changelog
Open Beta 2 changelog:
- Optimized some UI display in Settings
- Fixed the low probability issue that widgets did not respond
- Fixed the failure to wake up Google Assistant in some cases
- Fixed the issue that the HD icon on the call log interface was not centered
- Fixed the black screen issue when user entered “Tips & Support” interface
- Improved the system stability
- Fixed the issue that numbers disappeared in Timer under some special circumstances
o Ambient display
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone. You can view it anytime without waking up the screen ( Path: Settings-Customization-wallpaper-Canvas-Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically)
- Optimize the power consumption of the Smart 5G
Previous Oxygen OS 11 Open Beta 1 update log:
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Brand new weather UI supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. You can have day and night at your hand now
- Optimized the brightness bar display in status bar, enabling you to quickly adjust it by pulling down quick settings.
- Game space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode, WeChat, QQ and Screen Recorder at one place (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch preventionfeature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Ambient display
- Added Always-on ambient Display function, custom Schedule / All day option included. Path: Settings – Display – Ambient Display.
- Added 10 new clock styles. Path: Settings – Customization – Clock Style
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data. ( To set: Settings>Customization>Clock Style)
- Dark mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range.
- Zen Mode
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, Zen space1,Zen space2), and more timing options.
- Included the Group feature in Zen Mode, now you can invite your friends and enable the Zen Mode together
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage.
Oxygen OS 11 features a refreshingly new skin and user interface for comfortable one hand operation. New weather app and widget. Revamped game space, Ambient Display (Always-on ambient Display function), Dark mode, Zen mode, and improved gallery app. Complete changelog listed below.
Checkout the introductory video of OnePlus’s Oxygen OS 11 based on Android 11. Also, download official Oxygen OS 11 Open Beta 2 for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro listed below.
Download Oxygen OS 11 Open Beta 2 for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro
Here are the latest Oxygen OS 11 Open Beta 2 public builds (full OTA zips) for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro based on Android 11. The OTA download links come directly from manufacturer’s servers and weigh ~3 GB in size.
Note: If your device is on beta channel, you can install the beta 1 and check for OTA update from settings > system updates.
Full OTA update:
Incremental OTA update:
Downgrade or Rollback to stable Android 10
Rollback packaged download links for OnePlus 8:
Rollback packaged download links for OnePlus 8:
Notes and installation instructions
The installation should be same as any other OnePlus upgrade via Local Upgrade method. This tutorial should help and also know various OnePlus 8 series variants!
- Download Android 11 ROM package zip
- Transfer the ROM to the phone storage
- Go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart
In order to Rollback to stable Oxygen OS 10 based on Android 10, checkout this tutorial on OnePlus forums.