Google is currently working on the stable version of Android 11, currently beta testing for the Pixel series. The final beta 3 was recently rolled out with an anticipated official stable release as soon as next month. While OnePlus already released a developer build for Android 11 for the OnePlus 8 series, that was AOSP based and did not have any Oxygen OS 11 skin to it. Here is the first ever Hydrogen OS 11 firmware build based on Android 11 available for download.
HydrogenOS, if you don’t already know, if the Chinese counterpart of Oxygen OS global firmware. The latest H2OS version 11 comes with some stunning features like new user interface, icons, animations, an improved dark mode, revamped gesture navigation, updated OnePlus stock apps including the Weather app, Always-On Display, smart gallery, voice notes, multi-user Zen mode, and more. The complete changelog is listed below.
Here is a first look of Hydrogen OS 11 for OnePlus 8 series:
Thanks to Ishan on twitter for the official video of HydrogenOS 11. Checkout the video below.
Most importantly, you can expect the official build of Oxygen OS 11 for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro anytime soon this week. So stay tuned for the downloads! Meanwhile, you can readily install the H2OS 11 for your device. Moreover, Ishan also claims that the H2OS 11 also include Google Play Services so you can use all the Google apps and services as well.
The H2OS 11 firmware also includes Android 11 features like better user privacy protections, advanced app permissions, speech balloon Bubbles, Bubbles API, new Pixel Launcher, Pinhole, waterfall screens support, camera native image decoder and new camera features, up pointing backhand index Biometrics, support for 5G and Foldable phones. Of course, it also consists of all the features from Android 10 and previous OS versions. You can read about all the detailed changes from Android’s blogpost here.
Hydrogen OS 11 (Oxygen OS 11) Features
- Overall visual refresh (including more immersive weather, more comfortable browsing of photo albums and notes, etc.)
- Fully optimize the large-screen operating experience, comfortable and convenient with one hand
- Built-in two brand-new fonts (Cang Er Jin Kai, Huakang Round Type), OnePlus Ying Hei font is upgraded to OnePlus Sans
- Added a new live wallpaper, combined with the time point of sunrise to sunset, the color of the wallpaper changes accordingly, echoing the changes in the sky
- Information screen display
- Added the function of constant light display on the information screen, which can be selected as scheduled/all day. The setting method is: setting-display-the screen display is always on
- Added a custom style for the “Time” screen display. 10 clocks are available for the regular style. The setting method is: Settings-Personalization-Clock Style
- Dark mode
- Added a shortcut switch for dark mode, pull down the shortcut settings to open
- The dark mode supports the setting of automatic opening and time period. The setting method is: setting-display-dark mode-automatic opening-according to sunset and sunrise / custom time opening
- Zen mode
- Added three new themes (ocean, space, grassland) and provide more duration options
- Added support for multi-person meditation mode, you can invite friends to meditation together
- Photo album
- The smart album newly supports a week review function, which can intelligently generate videos according to the material situation to retain memories.
- Add OnePlus mutual transfer, quickly share files to surrounding devices, support OPPO, vivo, Realme, Xiaomi, Meizu and other brands
Download Hydrogen OS 11 for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro with Google Play Services (Oxygen OS 11)
Here are the first Hydrogen OS 11 builds based on Android 11 for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. OnePlus users managed to capture the OTA download links directly from manufacturer’s servers! The full OTA weighs 3.69 GB in size.
- OnePlus 8
- OnePlus 8 Pro
Notes and installation: The installation should be same as any other OnePlus upgrade via Local Upgrade method. This tutorial should help and also know various OnePlus 8 series variants!
- Download Android 11 ROM package zip
- Transfer the ROM to the phone storage
- Go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart