Table of Contents Hide
Soon after the launch of Android 11 public beta by Google, some third-party OEMs have started testing the latest Android version for their smartphones or at least to their flagships. Just recently, OnePlus rolled out Android 11 Beta 1 for their OnePlus 8 series, Xiaomi rolled out the same for Mi 10 series and the Poco F2 Pro as well. Oppo is also now on board with the latest Android 11 Beta 1 based on Color OS 7.2 with their flagships Find X2 and X2 Pro lineup.
Oppo had committed to its users that they will be giving Android 11 Beta 1 very soon. This is unusual as the Oppo devices do not see many software upgrades. Moreover, this new build is not based ColorOS 7.2, unlike other manufacturers that are still giving our pure AOSP builds and not the MIUI 12 by Xiaomi or Oxygen OS 11 by OnePlus. So download and install Android 11 for Oppo Find X2 and Find X2 Pro based on Color OS.
Checkout the screenshots: (source below)
Download Android 11 for Oppo Find X2 and Find X2 Pro
Other OEMs have pushed the Android 11 beta update in the form of AOSP build and gives a stock like experience, whereas Oppo took it to another level by giving the Android 11 beta based on Colour OS 7.2. So you ca easily upgrade you device to this beat using the local upgrade method or stock recovery method.
You can download Android 11 Beta 1 from the below links. We also recommend to keep the rollback files handy incase you mess up somewhere in the process or you would want to revert back to the stable version of your colour OS.
- Oppo Find X2 Android 11 Beta 1 (direct link)
- Oppo Find X2 Pro Android 11 Beta 1 (direct link)
- Rollback files for | Oppo Find X2 Pro | Oppo Find X2 (direct links)
How to update Oppo Find X2 and X2 Pro to Android 11 based on Color OS?
Do note that flashing the update file as well as the rollback file will cause your device to reset so make sure you don’t forget to take the backup of your data.
- Download the required update file for your phone from the links given above.
- Copy the file to the root directory(Internal Storage) of your phone.
- Power off your device.
- Press and hold Power + Volume Down. This will boot your phone into recovery mode.
- In Recovery Mode >> select “Install from storage” >> Select the update file >> “Install”.
- Let the installation finish. This will take a couple of minutes, make sure you do not interrupt the process.
- Once the installation is successfully finished, reboot your phone.
How to revert back to stable Colour OS version based on Android 10 on Oppo Find X2/X2 Pro?
- Download the specific rollback file for your phone from the links given above.
- Copy the file to your phone’s internal storage.
- With the File Manager app, locate the file that you have copied. Don’t forget this will also wipe your data.
- Click on the file and follow through the prompts on the screen to downgrade.
- That’s it you will have your device back to the stable version of android.
Hope you like the latest Android 11 experience on your Oppo Find X2 devices. Do note since it is a beta version so users can expect instability or system crashes. Also if you brick your device or get stuck somewhere or you lose your data, we at Androidsage isn’t responsible for this.