Google released the first Android 11 public beta for their Pixel series line-up. So its quite normal for third-party smartphone manufacturers to start beta testing Android 11 for their devices as well. Oneplus released the first Android 11 Beta for the OnePlus 8 series just a couple of days ago along with Vivo for IQOO 3 and Nex S. Users with Xiaomi Mi 10 or Mi 10 Pro devices can now rejoice as the first Android 11 Beta firmware build is now available for download. Now, it can be a bit buggy since it’s still in beta stage right now.
Here we have the first Android 11 firmware update for the Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro. Now, it was supposed to come with MIUI 12 firmware. However, it is still AOSP based. So you will get the stock or vanilla Android experience with Xiaomi’s first ROM. The following download links are Fastboot download links. That means, you will need to flash it via fastboot method. Also, it will factory reset your device.
Android 11 brings a few new things to the table. All of them aren’t polished yet but will be whenever the final version of Android 11 is released. Few of the features which are being added include native screen recording option, revamped notification management, scheduled dark mode, and Google has added project mainline in Android 11 which will help in updating the parts of the software and not the whole software at once.
Downloads for Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro
Here is the first Android 11 beta 1 global ROM based on AOSP for the Mi 10 and MI 10 Pro. These are fastboot ROMS so they come in
.tgz format and you will need to install it via fastboot mode.
- Download Android 11 Beta 1 for Mi 10 | Fastboot ROM (direct link)
- Download Android 11 for Mi 10 Pro | Fastboot ROM (direct link)
How to Install Android 11 for Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro
- Make sure you have a backup of your device’s data as it will wipe off the data on your device also Xiaomi hasn’t provided any rollback instructions as of now but we will add it as soon as we hear from Xiaomi.
- You need a phone with an Unlocked Bootloader.
- Download Mi Flash Tool on your Windows computer. The latest version can be found here.
- Once downloaded, extract the Mi Flash Tooland install it.
- Make sure you have ADB and Fastboot installed on your PC. Alternative download link here.
- Reboot your phone into Download mode. Do this by turning it off completely and then press and hold both the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Download the Fastboot ROM
.tgzfile from the above links and extract it.
- Run Mi Flash Tool and input the location of extracted folder location of the ROM from the address bar.
- Click “Refresh” on the MiFlash tool and the program should automatically recognize your device.
- Click “Run” option to flash the ROM onto your device.
- The progress bar should turn green.
The device can be unstable and can lead to system crashes and can crash a few apps which were previously running so install on your own risk.
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.