Nokia seems to be busy rolling out Android 10 firmware update for almost all of its devices. Following a stable Android 10 release for Nokia 7 series, Nokia 6 series and the Nokia 8 series, the manufacturer is all set to release the same for the budget smartphones. The latest device to get Android 10 is Nokia 4.2. So download and install stable Android 10 for Nokia 4.2 for global and EU variants as well.
Android being an open source operating system, the AOSP source code is readily available for manufacturers and developers. Moreover, development on Android One devices is comparatively faster than the OEM’s custom skins like Samsung and LG. Nokia seems to have picked up on these AOSP sources sooner than ever. Currently, Android 10 OTA update for Nokia 4.2 is seeding in the Google downloads repository.
HMD’s head Juho Sarvikas greeted us today with a tweet quoting “Nokia 4.2 owners, your device just got even better! You can now update to Android 10 with all-new features available!” Alongside there’s a video involved in the tweet which you can see below. So if you own a Nokia 4.2, then go to settings > system updates > and download the Android 10 OTA update now!
Nokia 4.2 owners, your device just got even better! You can now update to Android 10 with all-new features available! Check here for more details and availability in different countries 👇https://t.co/l9lt6bOcQv@Nokiamobile #Android10 #Nokia4dot2 pic.twitter.com/ni6Im40UwP
— Juho Sarvikas (@sarvikas) April 9, 2020
What’s new with Nokia 4.2’s Android 10 update?
Following is the official screenshot of the Nokia 4.2 receiving Android 10 OTA update. This is the full OTA update weighing 1.38 GB in size. According to the changelog listed below, latest Android 10 update features all of its goodies including Dark Mode, smart reply, brand new gesture navigation system, advanced privacy and location control, and the latest March 2020 security patch level. Moreover, we have also listed the full Android 10 OTA update below using which you can manually update your Nokia 4.2 devices.
Changelog from Nokia 4.2’s update screen:
- Notification – Software upgrade – Android 10 (V2.290)
- Dark mode — Take it easy on your eyes
- Smart reply — Save more time with recommended actions
- Gesture navigation — Get around with a swipe and a pull
- Additional controls for privacy and location
- Google Security Patch (2020-03)
- Update size: 1.38 GB
Download Nokia 4.2 Android 10 official OTA update
Stable Nokia 4.2 OTA update is listed below. It features new firmware build number V2.290. This is the full stock firmware or the full OTA update zip file which is a direct download link officially from Google’s Android One firmware repository. The file comes in a large size of 1.57 GB. You can use it to manually update your device.
- Nokia 4.2 Android 10 Global variant | OTA Downloads (Direct)
- Nokia 4.2 Android 10 00EEA variant | OTA Downloads (Direct)
How to update Nokia 4.2 to Android 10?
Method 1: Via sideloading OTA zip
- Download the update zip file from above.
- Transfer the downloaded zip package to phone storage or SD Card.
- Reboot the phone into recovery mode.
- To do so, turn off your phone completely, and connect the charger.
- Restart your phone by pressing vol (+) and the power button at the same time.
- A message called “no commands” should appear. Hit power or volume down key to get into recovery.
- From the menu, select “Apply update from SD card”.
- Navigate to the update zip file and select it.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Once finished, “reboot system now”.
Method 2: Via SD card method or ADB sideload method
There are 2 more simpler methods as well. You can also flash the OTA update zip from the stock recovery via SD card method or ADB sideload method. See the full tutorial on how to install OTA updates.