Table of Contents Hide
Updated: Android 10 also rolls out to Samsung Galaxy A50s (SM-A507FN) with firmware build number A507FNXXU3BTB2. Download full stock Odin firmware now. Samsung started rolling out official Android 10 update based on One UI 2.0 firmware for several flagship and mid-range smartphones. The Galaxy S10 series, Note 10 series, Galaxy S9 series, and Note 9 devices are already running stable Android 10 update across the globe. Likewise, some mid-range phones named Galaxy M20 and M30 have already received the same in India. Today, Galaxy A30 from the popular A-series is getting Android 10 update Over-The-Air. Interestingly, the A30 update screen says One UI 2.0 and not One UI 2 Core update as we have seen with the M30. So here is how to download and update your Galaxy A30 to Android 10 based on One UI 2.
The Galaxy A-series became very popular in India due to stunning hardware specifications at a very low price. The M30 and A30 phones in particular. Today, Samsung released One UI 2.0 stable update to the Galaxy A30 phones in India. Latest Android 10 update features new firmware build number A305FDDU4BTB3 for the Galaxy A30 (SM-A305F). The same will come for the Samsung Galaxy A30s, M50, M50s, A70, and all the A-series devices. So stay tuned.
Android 10 update features enhanced location permissions, advanced privacy tools, live caption, smart reply, sound amplifier, gesture navigation from Google Pixel, dark mode, focus mode, family link, latest security updates, and more. Moreover, Samsung’s One UI 2.0 exclusive features include gesture navigation implementation, updated one-handed mode, new media and devices, updated Biometrics, brand new battery usage graph, Digital Wellbeing support, pre-installed Android Auto, removal of Android Beam, and much more. Plus, it also comes in support for the latest Good Lock 2020 and Galaxy Labs.
Here in this tutorial we will so you how to update your Samsung Galaxy A30 to stable Android 10 firmware with build BTB3. This can be done from any previous stable Android 9.0 Pie version.
- You can wait for the OTA update to become live in your region, then go to Settings > System Updates > Download OTA updates manually.
- The second option listed below is flashing the full stock firmware using Odin FlashTool. However, this will also factory reset your device and you will lose all data. So it is recommended that you backup your phone completely!
Download stable Android 10 for Galaxy A30 and A50s based on One UI 2.0
The full stock firmware can be downloaded directly from Samsung servers using two amazing tools. The SamFirm (Samsung Firmware Downloader) tool and the newly added Frija (also a Samsung Software Downloader) will let you download the latest stock firmware (that comes in a
.TAR file extension) for any of your Samsung Galaxy devices. So you can basically download the full firmware update (One UI 2.0 based on Android 10) for your A30. Once you have the full stock firmware, you can easily flash it using the Odin FashTools.
- First, download and extract the latest SamFirm tool or the Frija Samsung Firmware Downloader.
- Go to About Phone under Settings on your Samsung phone and note down the model number like for A30 (SM-A305F) and A50 (SM-A507F) .
- Find the CSC code for your Galaxy M phones from here. Also known as region or product code. In this case use INS for A30 and XXV for A50s.
- Input the model number and region code.
- Select or check the Auto box.
- Also, check decrypt automatically box.
- Hit check updates option.
- Once the details are shown, hit the download button.
How to update Samsung Galaxy A30 and A50s to Android 10 using Odin FlashTool?
In order to flash the latest firmware update onto your A30 phone, you must backup all the data, apps, photos, videos, media and all storage to PC. This is because the Odin FlashTool we are about to use here will factory reset your phone. Hence, backup. You can later restore the backup onto your new firmware as well.
The full stock firmware for Samsung comes in a
.TAR file extension weighing over 2 GB in size. Once you have downloaded it form above, extract the zip to get a TAR file. Then move ahead onto flashing this onto your phone using Odin FlashTool.
- Download CSL4 stock firmware using SamFirm tool or Sammobile
- Download latest Odin 3.14.1 OR previous Odin 3
- Samsung Drivers: Samsung USB downloads | AFH mirror download
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging just in case (optional)
One UI 2.0 full stock firmware installation:
- Power OFF your Galaxy A30 phone completely.
- Now reboot the phone into Download mode or Odin mode.
- To do so, press and hold the Volume Down (or Volume UP) + Power Buttons at the same time. Once the Samsung logo appears, you will see a screen with a warning sign. Press the Volume Up button to proceed. You will be in the Download Mode.
- Download and extract latest Odin FlashTool from above. You can also use the modified Odin tool if that does not work.
- Run the
odin.exefile as administrator.
- Connect your Galaxy phone to PC via USB cable. Odin should output a message called “Added!!”.
- Now download and extract the firmware zip file to get TAR image files. Add the firmware files to Odin. If there is only one file, then add it into the [AP] slot. Otherwise, add to the Odin sections appropriately. Like BL for BL, AP for AP, CP for CP, CSC for CSC (not HOME_CSC).
- Now under the options tab make sure that only “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” are selected.
- Check the log tab and click the Start button on the bottom right.
Output should be shown in the log. Once the flash is successful, log should say PASS.
Note: To get out of Download Mode, simply hold the Volume Up and Power buttons for a few seconds (around 10 sec.) and your phone will reboot normally.