Table of Contents
OnePlus 3 and 3T devices are now receiving their final OTA update with the latest security patch level October 2019. The software update support for the OnePlus 3 and 3T ends with the latest Oxygen OS 9.0.6 OTA. The two devices launched with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow in 2014 and received Android firmware upgrades up to 9 Pie with Oxygen OS 9.0. That’s more than 5 years of software update support. Unfortunately, the OnePlus 3 and 3T won’t received Android 10. The OnePlus 5 and 5T devices will keep on receiving security updates based on Android 10 or later. So download latest Oxygen OS 9.0.6 for OnePlus 3 and 3T right now!
Apart from the latest October 2019 security patch level, the manufacturer also updated the GMS apps. Now for those of you who don’t know, Google Mobile Services (GMS) is a collection of Google applications and APIs that help support functionality across devices. So the OnePlus 3 and 3T users won’t be left stranded. Google apps or even the third-party apps will keep on supporting and running for years to come. Others are general bug fixes and performance improvements.
The previous OTA for OnePlus 3 series featured Android 9 Pie along with all of its goodies like Adaptive Battery, Adaptive Brightness, Slice, Actions, Advanced AutoFill, DNS Over TLS, Digital Wellbeing, and support for Google Camera 6.1 mod. Plus, Oxygen OS features like updated OnePlus camera app, new navigation gestures, gaming mode 3.0, DND mode, and much more.
What’s new with Oxygen OS 9.0.9 OTA update for OnePlus 3 and 3T?
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.10
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Updated GMS apps
Download Oxygen OS 9.0.6 stable OTA update for OnePlus 3 and 3T
Following you will find the latest Oxygen OS 9.0.6 incremental OTA updates and full stock firmware downloads for the stunning OnePlus 3 and 3T. As this is for the official stable channel, Oxygen OS 9.0.6 can also be received OTA (Over-The-Air). Simply go to settings > system updates > and check for OTA updates.
Moreover, you can also download the full stock firmware zip from below (Full ROM zip) and update manually via local upgrade method. Or if you have a rooted OnePlus 3 and 3T device, the you can flash it via custom TWRP recovery as well. Installation instructions can be found in our previous post of Community Beta for OnePlus 3 and 3T.
Downloads for OnePlus 3:
- Oxygen OS 9.0.5 –> 9.0.6 | Incremental OTA for OnePlus 3
- OxygenOS 9.0.6 Full OTA zip | Full stock firmware (coming soon…)
Downloads for OnePlus 3T:
- OxygenOS 9.0.5 –> 9.0.6 | Incremental OTA for OnePlus 3T
- OxygenOS 9.0.6 Full OTA zip | Full stock firmware
How to update OnePlus 3 and 3T to Oxygen OS 9.0.6?
For incremental OTA updates, you can use the stock recovery method or ADB sideload method. See our post – How to install OTA updates on any Android device.
However, for the full stock firmware, the Local Upgrade method is the easiest way to update any OnePlus device.
- Download the latest available OOS full stock firmware zip from above.
- Get the full firmware package from above for the OnePlus device and transfer the ROM file to the internal storage or phone storage. Place the zip file outside every folder.
- Now go to Settings app > visit System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- The Local Upgrade option will search for an upgrade package.
- Once you see an upgrade package, tap over it and then hit the install option.
The device will automatically reboot and perform an upgrade. First boot may take a while.