Table of Contents
Updated: Stable Oxygen OS 10.0.1 HotFix update now available for download for OnePlus 6 and 6T based on Android 10. Download links listed below. Earlier last month, OnePlus restarted the Open Beta program for the popular OnePlus 6 and 6T devices featuring the latest Android 10 firmware update. It was the same Oxygen OS 10 firmware from OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro based on Android 10 update but in beta state. This has changed today with the stable channel. The OEM manufacturer has released stable Android 10 update for the OnePlus 6 and 6T based on OxygenOS 10. This is quite fast as compared to other smartphone manufacturers out there. The new update makes OnePlus the first manufacturer to release stable Android 10 for 2 generations of smartphones. So download and install stable Oxygen OS 10 for OnePlus 6 and 6T based on Android 10.
The latest stable update for OnePlus 6 series features all the Oxygen OS 10 and Android 10 goodies along with the latest October 2019 security patch level. As for the Android 10 features goes, it includes – enhanced location permissions, new privacy tools, live caption, smart reply, sound amplifier, gesture navigation, dark mode, privacy controls, location controls, focus mode, family link, and more.
OnePlus 6 users are also getting all the Oxygen OS 10 goodies as well. Here are the latest Oxygen OS 10 features – new customization features in settings, icon shapes displayed in the Quick Settings menu, Digital Wellbeing, Fnatic mode, Zen mode, built-in screen recorder, screenshot editor, spam call and text filtering, new NightScape 2.0 for camera, always on display, and edge notification light. Checkout the complete changelog from below.
The best part about updating your OnePlus 6/6T to Oxygen OS 10 based on Android 10 is that you can install apps like Google Camera 7.2 or Gcam 7.0 with Astrophotography from Pixel 4. Also, try the Pixel 4 XL Stock Wallpapers and Live Wallpapers APK, and download Pixel 4 Launcher, Pixel Themes, and Wallpaper APK.
Update log for Stable Oxygen OS 10 for OnePlus 6 and 6T (Android 10)
Here is the complete changelog for the latest Android 10 update for OnePlus 6 and 6T. This is very similar to the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro Oxygen OS 10 update log. See what’s new.
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
Download stable Oxygen OS 10 OTA update for OnePlus 6 and 6T based on Android 10
OnePlus 6 Android 10 OTA update resumes and is now available download. Both the OnePlus 6 and 6T can now be updated to latest Oxygen OS 10 based on Android 10 update.
Here is the official stable Oxygen OS 10 update for OnePlus 6 and 6T based on Android 10. If you are already on the previous Oxygen OS 9.0.8/9.0.16 for OnePlus 6/6T update based on Android 9 Pie, then download OTA by going to settings > system update > check for OTA updates. The OTA comes in a large package around 1.8 GB in size.
Alternatively, if your device didn’t get the OTA update for some reason or is on the Open Beta channel or H2OS firmware then you can manually install Android 10 onto OnePlus phone via local upgrade method. Here are the full stock firmware (ROM) download files.
Oxygen OS 10 Android 10 full stock firmware
Updated: Stable Oxygen OS 10.0.1 HotFix update now available for download for OnePlus 6/6T!
- Android 10 Oxygen OS 10 for OnePlus 6T | Full OTA Download (direct link)
- Android 10 Oxygen OS 10 for OnePlus 6 | Full OTA Download (post link)
You can also anticipate the stable Hydrogen OS 10 based on Android 10 soon enough. Moreover, you can still choose to stay on the Open Beta channel for OnePlus 6 and 6T for more improvements to the stock firmware.
How to install Oxygen OS 10 for OnePlus 6 and 6T and update to Android 10?
This requires the full stock firmware update zips. It is the easiest way to update any OnePlus device. You can basically switch between Open Beta firmware or Stable channel easily. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any data. However, a backup is very important.
- Download the latest available Oxygen OS 10 full stock firmware zip from above.
- Get the full firmware package from above for the OnePlus device and transfer the ROM file to the internal storage or phone storage. Place the zip file outside every folder.
- Now go to Settings app > visit System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- The Local Upgrade option will search for an upgrade package.
- Once you see an upgrade package, tap over it and then hit the install option.
The device will automatically reboot and perform an upgrade. First boot may take a while.